Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Fisher F75 v Teknetics T2: Whos the best? theres only one way to find out FIGHT!  (Read 51046 times)
StumbledUpon

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2010, 02:23:43 PM »

Thats very interesting Gwil, Im thinking that the non-ferrous id could be much lower in the all metal mode, and there for you would be missing good targets if you are using the discrimanation parameters. I will check it out, and let you know. Smiley
saxonman

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2010, 03:50:26 PM »

IFyou will MAX, ile try to when we have some tidy weather.Havent found a tidy Roman patch yet to work with the f75.With the T2 soon as i hit a Roman Bronze i would work the area very slowly,and with a lot of succes to.Small Roman Bronzes come in at 50 to 52.on the T2......so really i sould do the bleeding obvious,test some of my Roman coins with the F75.so 18 up in DISC.,and pos 16 up in ALLMETAL..As you say interesting Thanks again Gwil.
1morecoin
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2010, 04:29:19 PM »

I was told by a few experienced T2 users not to dig anything under 45 as it's allways rubbish, cut quarters and halfs are in the mid to top 50's

The F75 must be calibrated differently  Undecided

Steve.
saxonman

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2010, 04:46:35 PM »

I AGREE STEVE,BUT SOMEONE IN THE CLUB SAID HIS GOLD STATER CAME IN ON 36.CONFUSING IS IT NOT?
saxonman

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2010, 07:01:10 PM »

THANKS SIMON FOR INFO TO SEE WHAT MACHINE I HAVE....GWIL
Jeb

from the N Wales Mountains

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2010, 08:00:46 PM »

Its as i`ve pointed out somewhere Guys.
 "suggestive settings" Can only be SUGGESTED to other people . They are by no means Gospel as best settings.  
I`d look at it as a bit of additional information to jot down on " F75 Notes" As i have (a folder full actually).
 They can be tried at any time at your discretion.  You may wish to try them and use them. If you like them , use them regular. If your feeling their just OK ish. Keep them for again to try at a later date.
 If you don`t definately like them ,bin them.
Its all additional knowledge that we can exchange with each other for trying.
That`s how i see it anyway.
 I also take notice of people posts and jot notes down to try, if i havn`t tried it.
 This surely is what our Forums are for ? We exchange knowledge and that`s great!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 08:43:10 AM by Jeb » Logged

Heaven won`t take me, and Hells afraid I`ll take over.
colin

dig everything

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2010, 08:07:25 PM »

were all on a learning curve jeb you have got to try different things thats the only way you will find what works best for every individual.
saxonman

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2010, 09:12:02 PM »

WE ARE ALL FOR THE LEARNING CURVE.THANKS BOYS..
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2010, 07:55:31 PM »

well got out for an hour today and cant seem to decide what settings to use. I wanted to try disc 50 sense 90 1 tone but there seemed to be a lot of chatter and not knowing the machine would it be better to lower the sense or reduce disc (50 an over is in boost) Anyway ended up with disc on 35 sense 90 and 2 tones though i did switch back and forth with 1 tone ( which i found better) the ground wernt the best full of modern junk but i knew there would be some modern coins there, anyway i managed a silver 3p and 3 coppers  I ended up ignoring ring pulls which i know i shouldnt but there you go anything 70 or above i dug ring pulls all seemed to be 62/67 so left them
JRD

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2011, 06:01:44 PM »

Hey all I know this is a very old thread but I am having the same dilemma at the moment but with the latest specials editions of these two! So thought I would bring it back to life.

I have asked a couple people already but wondered if anyone else had a view of which is the best out of:-

Fisher f75 special edition (black) OR the Teknetics T2 special edition - Only really interested in the SE versions of these two, but have read so many reviews lately of both I still cannot make my mind up.

1) I have read great reviews regarding the F75 SE but also they are very chatty - is the T2 SE also very noisy?
2) Is the T2 more suited to European market and F75 more to the US?
3) Which out of these two would you recommend over the other?

cheers,
Jonathan
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 06:04:43 PM by JRD » Logged

wyrd bið ful aræd - Fate is inexorable
nomad

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2011, 06:18:01 PM »

do i really care..........no...as long as i have a machine that works is all that matters to me......
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2011, 06:31:21 PM »

IM STAYING OUT OF THIS ONE..LOL...ALL I KNOW IS THE D.F.X WOULD DECK THE PAIR OF YOU..LOL.
RAYMONDOOOOOOOO

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
JRD

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2011, 06:37:42 PM »

do i really care..........no...as long as i have a machine that works is all that matters to me......

huh?

Does anyone have anything to say that actually might help me decide?

JRD

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2011, 06:39:40 PM »

IM STAYING OUT OF THIS ONE..LOL...ALL I KNOW IS THE D.F.X WOULD DECK THE PAIR OF YOU..LOL.
RAYMONDOOOOOOOO

Guys I don't want a war of detectors here, or my detector is better thatn yours debate - I am asking for help in deciding between two machines.

Any help / pointers would be appreciated.

nomad

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2011, 06:42:12 PM »

hi jrd...go to joan allen or similar..and try them ..they have or did have a test bed plus some very helpful staff..who may be able to steer you in the right direction...after all its you that will use the machine...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal