Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Fisher F75 v Teknetics T2: Whos the best? theres only one way to find out FIGHT!  (Read 51352 times)
Jeb

from the N Wales Mountains

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 08:36:15 AM »

Paul, do you use the All Metal Mode to search in at all ?  
  This is my Favorite mode to work in ,especially on Pasture or Stubble or Sweet corn Isles.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 10:42:33 AM by Jeb » Logged

Heaven won`t take me, and Hells afraid I`ll take over.
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 08:43:03 AM »

Jeb I have only managed to try the T2 once and that was a quick half hour lol, I need a day out with it to get to grips with it. incidently are they anygood on beaches? cos god knows when this ground will thaw
Jeb

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 11:13:36 AM »

Oh ! right . Then I think you`d better walk before you run with the T2.
 Get a few working hours under your belt with it at "moderate" settings to "Get acquainted" with the Detector.
 By moderate settings i would stick it in two tone. Disc 10 and sensitivity at 85.
 Thats a pretty good setting to get you going.
 I actually thought you had an F75  as i`m a lot more conversant with the F75 than the T2 , simply because i`ve used the F75 a lot longer than i have a T2.

Try for the Beach with a T2 ...... Tone 3B,  Sens 90,Disc 40. I don`t do beach work myself, but i had that setting given me. So its worth a try.  Grin

Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 11:35:04 AM »

Jeb you sold me the T2 lol, just realised I have changed names though so prob threw you      (Paul/Lisa) 
Jeb

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 12:48:12 PM »

Ha Ha thats  CHEATING Paul Grin Grin  as i said though mate, start off steady ,and work your way up to the more hotter settings. and you will love the T2  i guarantee you`ll love it.

colin

dig everything

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 12:12:36 AM »

cheers jeb i will give ur settings a go never looked at it like that before especially with the sensitivity were all here to learn after all, i put youre reply in my favourites so as not to lose it,let you know how i get on. 
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 01:29:00 AM »

I copy and paste everything Jeb has to say about the F75 into my documents
You cant get this sort of indepth info from anywhere else hes a star !

Cheers Jeb ;0)
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 07:07:48 AM »

I want a F75 now !  Roll Eyes

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 08:46:41 AM »

Id settle for a broomstick with a frisbe stuck on the end right now if it ment i could go out lol ah well back to the jigsaw puzzle which ive been doing for two weeks getting close to finishing it now. I know im sad
StumbledUpon

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2010, 10:50:04 AM »

Hi Jeb, Grin some great info for 75 users, Ive had mine a while the first batch, pre-upgrade (new hand grip+sealed) I have not used it in single tone but will give it a go, My findings with my machine is the high gain JE works best,This mode Is the most sensitivity and gives a much sharper audio response, Ive done tests with a 22 air pellet on very bad ground and found this mode to be the best. I dont use the motion all metal because I have no confidence in it, the tid numbers are not to be trusted, (well at least on my machine) I found this out when detecting and I got a signal reading 16 looked down and there was a roman bronze laying on the surface, Also when using all metal your audio is deeper than your Target ID so I would have to dig and most probably it would be iron. I also find that using very high sens I get a distorted audio and get far more false/positive signals on iron. I dont know if the very first batch of  machines sold in this country are running "super hot" and they cooled them down when they did the upgrade? and thats why I cant run very high sens, there was a lot of users complaining about noise at the time. I must say it is a fantastic machine and I have found some lovely things with mine. I would never sell it, Smiley

saxonman

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 12:09:52 PM »

Hi Maxine,
I bought my f75 last year as a back up for my t2.Did try it afew times.but could not get on with it.I was thinking of selling F75.One must or the SE.one had to go.f75 was fav....then at the rally at Albourne the t2 started to play up.(DAMP)Changed for f75.First signal hammerd of Mary.rubbish coin but still a hammerd..
Next..SCAN RALLY.One h..ammerd plus silver tanner.Liz2.......Im thinking now this is a good machine.So decided to keep it..the SE was the one that had to go.......And we no where that went to dont we...Hasnt she done well!!!!.
Anway next Scan Rally found two more hammerd,thats the one you had Roman Bronzes and a cut half.then relised i was finding no Bronze coins.
what you said on this post about Roman Bronze coming in on 16...As you no with this machine we are told to dig everything over 18 which i do..From now on its 16 and over thanks Maxine for that info,and Jebs to.by the way i found all the hammerd in ALL METAL....On another note PHIL you are in cukoo land.you own the best machine.The t2 an f75 are different machines and both are crackers..stop winding us up.HA!ha!oh!and Marys SE of coarse.....GWIL.
StumbledUpon

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2010, 12:30:30 PM »

Hi Gwil, Smiley I would not dig 16 in discrim, but I would definately dig 18, small bronze will register this low, 16/17 will be coke, from memory,:-
18-22 foil small bronze/hammered, cut 1/4s (I have dug a fibula at 19)
23 up- gold, and hammered, (small 1/4 stater at 24)
Ive dug groats 52-56 but also coke sometimes comes in the fiftys,
£1 coins 62/63 if your on a car boot site Grin
big siver 70+
large iron high nineties.

StumbledUpon

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 12:34:56 PM »

Im thinking now that maybe these numbers may not apply to the motion all metal mode?  Huh
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 12:54:55 PM by maxine » Logged
saxonman

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2010, 01:29:09 PM »

Thanks MAX....for new readings..I used to use discrim alot..but on a rally up north i had a shock when i dropped a large musket ball.tried to find it in the grass but couldnt at first.it was only three inches below the coil.that was very strange!.Since then more or less used ALLL METAL. all the time,and have been very succesful in that mode.Interestingly a dutch site test says the 75 has problems picking up high quality LEAD?Huh???But only that metal...they go on to say the mine labs are probe best with f75 just be hind them.Ido agree with them on this, expecialy after my experience of the high quality lead found with my f75.Strange with the T2 i find loads Roman Bronzes.but not much in silver.F75 lots of silver no bronzes...thanks for info again and lets hope its on Sunday.....gwil.
SimonH

Teknetics T2, Cwmbran

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2010, 02:03:36 PM »

For the T2 - How to check software version
With the T2 switched off, push trigger forward and hold in grey button. Use other hand to turn on machine. The numbers 6.0 should appear if the latest software is installed.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal