Fisher F75 v Teknetics T2: Whos the best? theres only one way to find out FIGHT!

(1/12) > >>

PHIL YNYSBOETH:
Sorry about the Harry Hill reference in the title lol

As there a few new owners of F75,s and T2,s
I thought we,d revisit this very popular subject

I'm in not way a F75 expert but like so many F75 owners Id like a have a T2 as well as i guess some T2 owners would like a F75
 Id like to know if Ive got the Best of the 2 1st Texas instruments flagship detectors

If you've owned both in the past what are the differences ?
Ive read a lot about the 2 machines (wasn't sure which one to go for)
heres a few of my thoughts taken from article's on the web

Why i like the F75 .....

The T2 has less features
 I like the constantly lite Backlight (I'm not sure if the new T2 have this feature)
Selectable processing modes independent from the Tonal ID the T2s processing mode is tied to the tone ID.
The gain and depth on the T2 depends on the Disc setting. It seems you have high gain from 0 to 10, lower from 10 to 20 and higher from 20 + again.
Static All Metal Mode on the F75 for cache hunting 
Last setting memory
The fisher has  15 numbers for iron Basically anything under 18 is Iron) T2 has 40 numbers for Iron
Notch System on the F75, only Disc on T2.   ;D

The Fisher F75 is the best ! or is it ?
Theres only one way to find out ......Fight ! lol

Tinman (paul/Lisa):
Hi Phil good post, has the T2 got 40 for iron? I know it goes below iron  0 to 10 is minerals but I was under the impression 10 to 20 was iron not 40.Just seems a lot to me if it is 40 see got my explorer head on and thinking nearly half a screen lol

SimonH:
I've always dug anything over 40 as I've read before that Iron is 40 and below

SimonH:
Hers some interesting info on Fisherf75.com

http://www.fisherf75.com/pb/wp_cd1ee138/wp_cd1ee138.html

I got the T2 with all the updates and have to say it is a very good detector.
Here is what the F75 has over the T2
Backlight.
The always on backlight is liked by some users but disliked by others. I hunt by tone ID, so having no backlight on the T2 is not a problem. Some wish they could turn off the light of the F75.

First T2s didn't ID as deep as the F75, but the newer T2s ID as well as the F75.
The F75 Handles interference a little better, but i feel that the T2 has a little more punch if you can run ist hot.
The F75 has selectable processing modes that are independant from the Tone ID the T2s processing mode is tied to the tone ID.
The gain and depth on the T2 depends on the Disc setting. It seems you have high gain from 0 to 10, lower from 10 to 20 and higher from 20 + again. I like to use disc 0 with 2+ Tones.
Depth on the fly meter on the F75 and signal strength on the T2.
Static All Metal Mode on the F75, not on the T2.
Last setting memory on the F75, not on T2.
First I thought ist is better to have last setting memory, but due to notch and disc setup on the F75 you may get confused what you did to the detector and a program error is still there if you turn is on again. On the other hand, programming the 3 settings on the T2 is done is under 10 seconds.
The F75 has only 15 numbers for iron and the T2 40 numbers for the iron range. If you have good target mixed in with iron the T2 does a better job than the F75.
Notch System on the F75, only Disc on T2. I never liked Notch because you can only Notch out a group of numbers. I rather go by the VDI numbers, because often one number up or down from pulltab can be the gold ring.

The T2 has less feature, but is easier to use and setup. I year ago I thought the F75 is best for me, but now I use the T2 with the new 5" DD coil most of the time.

BTW, if you don't have the new 5" DD coil for the F75 or T2 you may want to get one. It separates extremly well and the depth is hard to believe for a coil of that size.

SimonH:
Garysdeteting F75 vs T2 shootout

http://www.garysdetecting.co.uk/fisher_f75_information.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page