Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Out in Herefordshire - Casa Dos's Day!  (Read 16021 times)
melonhead

« on: January 02, 2010, 07:48:37 PM »

here is a photo of kevs lucky cardigan which ann bought off roy cropper for christmas
150aceboy
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 07:50:56 PM »

Guess what, i've got one the same lol
Ace  Wink
melonhead

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 07:51:31 PM »

and here is his coin
melonhead

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 07:52:41 PM »

the other side
150aceboy
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 07:53:31 PM »

Wow, thats a cracker, WELL DONE KEV
Ace  Wink
SimonH

Teknetics T2, Cwmbran

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 07:53:58 PM »

Wow what a great coin.  Well done Kev!  Smiley

waltonbasinman
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 07:57:06 PM »

Well done Kev a better bloke could not deserve it more. Hope you had a good day mate and your enthusiasm deserves such a great find. Well done again mate.
JoanneH

Laser Hawkeye, Cwmbran

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 07:58:29 PM »

Well done Kev - thats a really nice find

PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 08:00:01 PM »

Great find Kev have you got an Id yet ?

Gadget(Ian)

R.A.R.E. & F.I.D.Member.E trac User

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 08:03:45 PM »

Well done Kev thought you was going to faint when you found it. Grin Grin Grin
i think it is henry 5/6 quarter noble.loooovelyyyyyyyyyy coin well found Kev. Grin Grin Grin
Tell Auntie Ann her Christmas cake was loooovelyyyyyy toooooooooo. Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 09:53:04 PM by Gadget(Ian) » Logged

A bad days detecting is better than a good day at work.
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 08:04:43 PM »

Out today with Roman Ray, Ian, Admin Geoff, Melonhead and the man of the day Casa Dos.

We all met up nice and early having navigated our ways through what can only be described as lethally icy lanes. We made our way to the parking field and got ourselves ready. The ground was not too bad and the snow cover was minimal. Almost immediately we started hitting coins I came up with a 5 centine Napoleon iii coin and around the same time Mark (melonhead) had a love token lots of nice buttons and buckles started coming up its always quite a productive field. We shifted fields and started working our way to a field I hadnt been on before and really wanted to try.

On the way over Kevan (Casa Dos) shouted over that he'd found his firest ever Crotal Bell, It was a beauty! nicely patterned as well he was chuffed to say the least. Again we had a lot of pre decimal from that field, but carried on up towards the target field, leaving Kevan to search around the Bell dig hole after a phantom signal. One by one we worked our way across a muddy, icy, dung covered track then onward and up towards the next field. At the top of the hill outside the field gate , Myself, Ian , Mark(melon head) chatted and admired the view. It was at this time Kevan , at the bottom of the hill on the muddy path shouted up that he'd found a Gold hammered on that very path we'd all walked across. Not at all believing him we worked our way back down sceptically and threatening Kevan with severe bodily injuries if he'd wasted out time.

Sure enough though after picking up Casa off the floor and threatening to resuscitate him with mouth to mouth off myself there in his hand was a lovely Gold Hammered coin STUNNING! he was white! Now resisting my initial desire to throw my T shirt over my head and run around the field on behalf of a Pale and shaking Mr Dos, we all set about the earnest task of speculating over what type of coin Casa had found. I've checked Spinks and I think that its an Edward iii quarter noble circa 1327- 1377. I know Kevan is eager for Peter to confirm this though as I'm probably 300 years out  Grin

Loads of other targets came up including an Indian 1/2 Anna coin, A patterned thimble and musket ball from myself. A copper ring with red stone from Ray, a lovely William iv sixpence from Melonhead Mark, A Decorated watch winder and love token from Admin Geoff and about 150 predecimal coins including a Cartwheel penny from Ian. I know I've missed loads out but I'm sure the guys will post up pics and put me right on what they found.

Thanks for the company guys!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 08:32:40 PM by Tafflaff (Rob) » Logged

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
melonhead

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 08:14:06 PM »

robs amigos
JoanneH

Laser Hawkeye, Cwmbran

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 08:18:49 PM »

Sounds like a great day was had by all and you were so lucky to find so much.  Well done guys  Cheesy Cheesy

Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 08:22:18 PM »

Robs amigo`s  Shocked  Should be called... Rob insons Amigo`s cos they`re so "Jammy"   Roll Eyes

On a serious note tho, well done guys on a fantastic day & Kev,well done fella !  Wink

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
150aceboy
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 08:23:10 PM »

A Big well done you guys, a cracking day you all had, great lot of finds, and a great write up Rob.
Ace  Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal