Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Curse of the Hoover!  (Read 2874 times)
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: February 22, 2009, 03:54:25 PM »

Following three weeks of detecting and FIVE William III silver coins, Detectingwales member, The Hoover officially believes himself to be cursed. He was quoted today as saying: "No matter what I do I just keep finding William silver, its got to the point where I just throw some of them away now, as its upsetting BorderFox so much! I can't sleep at night, and I'm barely eating, I feel like I'm cursed!" 

Close friend and confidant Mr John Pugh, aka BorderFox (who has coincidentally found no Williams coins at all during the same period) was today found wandering dazed and confused in the fields of Sully, uttering the words: "Maybe I should buy a Fisher or at least learn how to program my Explorer correctly!"

To try and lift the curse The Hoover this morning joined members of the SCAN Club for a rally, where as a rule very little silver is found, as we tend to concentrate on shot gun caps and tubes. Bucking the trend The Hoover weighed in with a hamster, but at least no Williams! Maybe the curse is lifted!

Congratulations to The Hoover on a great few weeks!

John you probably need to go a bit slower and try gridding your areas!

Cheers gents
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Richy
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 06:25:06 PM »

It must be heart breaking to keep finding all those William III coins, my sympathies go out to the poor man. (not) lol  Grin

Richy.

You can show a gift horse water but a pencil must be lead.
dragonsbreath(Paul)
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 08:00:33 PM »

bottom right william coin has a mint mark letter under his head

making this a scarcer coin is it"E" for exeter...maybe PaulB.

Greetings from the Dragon.
borderfox.1495

I HAVE FOUND MY FIELD OF DREAMS IN WALES

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 12:24:26 AM »

hi paul it was exter mint  well neil where do i start with you,  good news first the hoover lost his curse today, h we went out  today, first find 18ct gold cufflink, two denari, one hadrian, 6 nice bronze roman  and possible a quater silver stater i had one nice roman follis,  oh hd the small dolphin brooch in sully. oh by the way neil, who programmed your machine neil, as regards to me going slower, and gridding, well least said about that the better,  would you like me to tell everybody how much i found going over your gridded area Grin Grin well neil as regards to our scan club rallys you said phil came along to break the curse because we  rarley find any silver only shotgun. and tubes welll it worked, now he s getting my denari, Undecided any body want to swap partners, the vac wants the dd coil now,  it was bad enough dect with him when he had the xs now he s  got the ex 11 , can t win he s beating me 11 to 2 at present this year Roll Eyes regards john pugh oh  neil phil and me can t wait to take you out decting  Grin Grin
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 12:49:46 AM »

Ive been cursed by alu, Foil, and ring pulls ever since i started Detecting 10+ years now
i cant see this curse being lifted anytime soon lol
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 03:08:09 PM »

hi there aii lets just hope im cursed on denari Grin lol

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
borderfox.1495

I HAVE FOUND MY FIELD OF DREAMS IN WALES

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 07:38:22 PM »

phil, the only denari you are going to see will be in my finds bag , now your getting the dd coil , i m not going to let you win no more  Grin Grin the tortose has come out of hibernation you stick to the hammered  john pugh Cheesy Cheesy
llanelli club
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 08:58:17 PM »

SILVER , GOLD  WHAT'S NEXT CURSE OF THE PLATINUM .
SO YOU DON'T LIKE TO FIND SILVER COINS 300 YEARS OLD WHAT'S WRONG WITH THEM.
OK WILLIAM THE TURD BUT IF YOU FOUND THEM YOU WALK A GOOD PATH .
THEY ARE THE SAME SIGNALS AS LIZZY SIXPENCE SHILLINGS SIZE HAMMERED SO THEY WEREN'T LOKK WHAT YOU FOUND NOW.
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 09:33:53 PM »

hi there all i can say to that is were do platinun come in to it and you find alot of rubbish on paths Grin its tuff at the top so dry your eyes son Cry Cry

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal