Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Camera  (Read 1655 times)
Silurian
Rally attendee

« on: December 28, 2009, 02:53:50 PM »

Bought a new camera a couple of months ago and was wondering if the cold weather will affect it? I like walking the Monmouthshire Canal and would like to get some snowy pics tomorrow.Will the cold effect the lens,condensation or anything?
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 04:37:00 PM »

I would of thought with todays build quality you would be fine mate.

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 05:17:13 PM »

Hi Silurian
You shouldn't have a problem after about half an hour, It is the change in temp that causes the build up of condensation. When it acclimatises it should be fine.
JoanneH

Laser Hawkeye, Cwmbran

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 05:33:13 PM »

Condensation will normally occur when you go back indoors when the warm humid air  comes in contact with the cold lens.  Not only will this stop you taking pictures but can also damage the internals of your camera.

I've discovered through many sites and some experimentation that the best way to avoid the damaging condensation you see when returning in doors from a cold wintery photo shoot, is to put your camera and lenses into a zip lock bag "BEFORE" coming back inside.

The reason for this is that the air outside is very dry when it's cold. If you seal your camera in the bag before you come in, the condensation will form on the outside of the bag, rather than on the inside of your camera and lenses.

You should wait about 20 to 30 minutes before opening the bag once you are inside. This will give the camera and lenses time to slowly warm to room temperature. If you open it too soon, condensation will still form on and inside of your equipment.

There are no special steps to protect it when going back out side since condensation will only form on something going from cold to warm, not warm to cold.

Hope this helps Wink

SimonH

Teknetics T2, Cwmbran

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 05:38:28 PM »

Bloody hell I used the missus account to post above.

If you need anymore help with anything digital camera related gimme a shout .

Silurian
Rally attendee

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 01:28:36 PM »

Thanks for advice folks.Took a walk this morning without my camera,just aswell because the conditions were not the most pleasant! At least the ducks and moorhens had a feast of xmas leftovers!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal