Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trident II, any info?  (Read 5020 times)
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« on: December 21, 2009, 10:17:03 PM »

Well I'm thinking of getting a new backup machine in the New year and have narrowed it down to the GMP or the Trident II, The GMP is obviously a great detector but I'm looking for views on the Laser.
Any info would be very welcome.
Terry

I WANT TO FIND MORE PULL TABS

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 10:58:12 PM »

Hi  the Trident 11 is the second genration of Hawker Sidley's Famous Trident Aircraft,  The First of the Trident family first flew in the late 1960' with the Trident 1,  BEA (British European Airway) were the first Airline to fly the aircraft on their internal and European flights, H.S then brought the Trident 11 then the Trident 111 into the aircraft family,   The aircraft  were only sold to a few Airlines worldwide, China Airlines being the second largest Airline to order a fleet of the Trident  family,       The Trident 1 was best known for the tragic crash after take off from Heathrow Airport in the early 1970's,  it crashed into a field just outside Stains in Middlesex,  144 people lost their lives in the crash,  they were fazed out in the 1980's after British Airways were buying new generation aircraft,   No Trident aircraft are flying now, you will only find them in aviation museums in the U.K and China,    Oh SORRY I got the wrong Trident 11.
Kiwi Terry.
Junkman

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 05:05:56 PM »

My thoughts on my Trident 2 - For those that don't know, The Laser Trident Range are UK spec Tesoros modified for UK conditions and in this case of the Trident 2, this is a Tesoro Vaquero with a wider range of iron discromination. It is Super light, very sensitive and having no screen, it means you can detect and enjoy the scenery and just use your ears.The machine of choice for when its raining as you can just wrap a bag over the control box and it doesn't matter as there is no screen to obscure. Vague pinpointing compared to the T2 and R1. Brilliant on naily and contaminated ground and see's silver through the iron. Downside?, you do dig a bit of large iron. Great for detecting hilly ground due to its light weight and ideal for a days lazy detecting.

Overall, a much underated detector IMO, probably because it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of some machines but in reality, that is it's advantage as it's got superb electronics rather than gimmicks.

For a more in depth review, try the link below

http://www.garysdetecting.co.uk/laser.htm
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 05:23:19 PM by Junkman » Logged

Teknetics T2 - C Scope R1 - Laser Trident 2 - Pinpoint Probe - Spade - Wellies
One man on a mission to find and record the history of our great nations last 60 years of discarded,useless metallic Junk. So far i'm doing really really well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal