Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Teknetics T2 Reviews  (Read 42410 times)
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2010, 07:09:17 AM »

Hi Big

As chef as already said BGing in it very important you have to find a totally clean area to pump your coil .
dont be to greedy with sensitivity either,
On trashy sites its better lower sens and loose a few inchs and be able to pick out the non ferrous amounst the trash ,with the T2 very quick recovery they excell at this.

T2,s are very sensitive so its not something you can play with indoors,near power lines ect,

Another tip is ,the more Disc you use be prepared to lower Sensitivity

Good luck with your T2 and stick with it they are very easy to learn and understand but they are very sensitive.
they still give good depth with very low sensitivity

all the best
Phil

Big E

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2010, 07:09:14 PM »

Thanks guys, all advice appreciated.

I believe I am grounding it correctly...............but hey, I am only a novice. I have checked with the manual and the videos on youtube.

I have been using sens:75, disc:15, Tone 2+

I have had this a couple of times and dug one hole to approx 8" and saw nothing, and tested with propointer too.
The second time I dug down approx 24" deep and found nothing. I was still getting the signal when I placed the detector over the hole and the pinpointer on the T2 also was hitting something.
I decided enough was enough with this one, but I am very tempted to go back with a JCB  just prove it one way or another. LOL
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2010, 07:13:08 PM »

if you are getting a repeatable two way signal, then there is something there. just check to see if it's coke as your pinpointer may not pick that up.
Keep digging. Cheesy
Big E

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2010, 07:15:50 PM »

OK cheers Chef. I am due back there midweek so the muck might just have to come back out again.

Thanks
Junkman

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2010, 05:07:14 PM »

Your audio will always register beyond the displays capabilities. If you have a tone but no meter ID then it is going to be deep or very small. The meter needs to get a good 'look' at the target to ID it, whereas the audio just needs to know something is there.

Don't get too hung up on the sensitivity on a T2 as the more you increase it, the more it will adversely affect the discrimination. The T2 works a lot differently to other machines and sensitivity hardly affects the notion of 'depth', whereas discrimination does. You are better off backing the sens down to about 65-70 and running just 4 or 5 on the discrimination and letting the audio in 2+ tell you what is iron and what isn't.

If you run the sens too high it will be like having a hair trigger.

Teknetics T2 - C Scope R1 - Laser Trident 2 - Pinpoint Probe - Spade - Wellies
One man on a mission to find and record the history of our great nations last 60 years of discarded,useless metallic Junk. So far i'm doing really really well.
Big E

« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2010, 06:51:01 PM »

Cheers Junkman. Not been back to the site yet but intend to dig deeper.

Is it correct that if you have disc over 20 the T2 will go deeper? If so what do you lose out on?

IAn
Junkman

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2010, 09:25:50 PM »

Cheers Junkman. Not been back to the site yet but intend to dig deeper.

Is it correct that if you have disc over 20 the T2 will go deeper? If so what do you lose out on?

IAn

Apparently, on the T2, as you increase discrimination you reduce depth but once over a point of 40 (all iron) it then goes back to normal again and i've heard, a little deeper. that's why I never run mine with more than 4-5 on the discrimination. It's good to hear the iron as it is your best indicator of the 'hand of man' as where there is iron, man has been there as well and that means other targets.

I tend to back of the sens and not th discrimination of the ground is really 'noisy' at the T2 is so sensitive, it's picking up fragements of rust and dropping the sensitivity will reduce this tendancy and let you hear more distinct targets.

sometimes,if the ground is noisy, try changing to 3 or 4 tone and then the change of pitch will let the good signals stand out but don't get too hung up on high sens or increasing the discrim as they will actually make it worse.

Teknetics T2 - C Scope R1 - Laser Trident 2 - Pinpoint Probe - Spade - Wellies
One man on a mission to find and record the history of our great nations last 60 years of discarded,useless metallic Junk. So far i'm doing really really well.
Big E

« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2010, 10:43:26 AM »

Although not much land to test it out on (other than a field used by car booters) I am well pleased with the T2. Getting great depth, great with small items (nails and screws LOL).
Very light, swing it all day with no problem.

Not had chance to give it a real test on farmland etc (really struggling for permission up here) but sure it will find the goodies anywhere.

Have to get on a few ralies.

Cheers
Ian

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal