Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Teknetics T2 Reviews  (Read 42405 times)
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 02:32:45 PM »

Hi Lisa
Ive got the F75 very similar to the T2 (from the same company) I found theres a very shallow learning curve with theses machines
 theyre very easy to set up and understand
Best of luck with it !

Phil
simon c

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 02:46:35 PM »

Well done,on your first silver with the T2, you'll soon find out how much the T2's love anything made of silver &nbsp;Grin,once you have tried it a few times you might find the Disc setting is a bit high,i normally run mine at about &nbsp;3-4<,coke mainly comes in at about 43 ish allthough it can be higher and once you learn to recognise the signal it's easy to identify it,small hammerds mainly show around the 52 mark but sometimes lower,so don't try discriminating foil if your in an area where there may be hammereds.Have you looked on the Fisher and Techneticks Owners Forum there's a lot of good advise there.
http://ft-owners.com/index.php
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 03:53:57 PM »

Hi Phill, Simon, right first of all its Paul lol I,ve pinched the T2 off Lisa im going to have to change my name on this site lol maybe two different accounts so she has her own.Will have to put a pic up of this token as its stumped us. Thx for the link Simon much appreciated. The next step for us now is to join a md club and we were thinking R.A.R.E so how do we go about it. The only thing about joining clubs is having to attend meetings in the evening its not always possible for us. Is there a way where we could just pay our dues and become members? or is the two meetings before joining set in stone?  thx in advance for any replies.
Paul
StumbledUpon

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 05:16:50 PM »

T2 is a great choice, Im sure you'll both do very well with it. Smiley
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 06:04:10 PM »

Hiya Max, hope you had a nice xmas and have a happy new year
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2010, 05:41:14 PM »

heres a pic of the three coins I found the token is confusing me as its really thin as if its been in the ground ages yet it looks like a modern stamp on it also it was only 2" in the soil
SimonH

Teknetics T2, Cwmbran

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 01:51:59 PM »

Taken from Roger-Relics site - tested Jan 07

Teknetics T2 Field Report

Although after receiving my second hand T2 I had a few problems probably caused by the previous owner, nothing too serious I might add, overall the machine was a minter, the problems I had have been posted on this forum so I won’t go over old ground.
I was impressed with the design of this machine, apart that is for the positioning of the on/off/volume control, it’s situated on the left side of the battery box, which is under the armrest, somehow either while swinging the coil or digging a target the knob was getting turned anti-clockwise causing the audio volume to be very very faint, I got over the problem by placing a piece of plastercine between the casing and knob, I have since learnt that fitting a box cover will cure this problem.

There are only two other controls plus a trigger switch to contend with, making the machine very simple to set up and adjust, in fact the two main controls on the face panel of the control box can be adjusted with the thumb, while still holding the handgrip, the two controls are the “menu” and “settings”, the push button menu button allows you to scroll through the options like sensitivity, discrimination, and tones, each option can then be adjusted by using the settings knob, I must admit this is one of the easiest systems I have come across, the machine does not hold the settings when switched off, a strange omission for a high tech machine I reckon, but to be fair it only takes 15-20 seconds to set up, and even if it did hold the settings I reckon most people would run through them to check them anyway, the trigger switch when pushed forward allows you to ground balance the machine by a method called “fast grab”, all it entails is finding a clean piece of ground, pushing the trigger forward and “pumping” the coil from about 8 inches above the ground down to around 1 inch, the T2 can also be manually ground balanced if you prefer that method.

The coil is unique in shape and also nice and light, I have encountered problems with the six “struts” on this coil though, when the ground is sticky the struts hold the mud on the coil, and it’s much harder to remove that it is with a solid or open coil, I also had problems while detecting on some corn that was about three inches high, it was covered in frost, the frost like the mud got held by the struts and then froze solid, on both occasions it made detecting a real chore, with the coil getting very heavy unless you stopped every so often to clean it, under more normal conditions the T2 is a pleasure to use, very well balanced and light weight, pinpointing was accurate.

After experimenting with the tone settings I found the 2+ option suited me best, a low buzz for ferrous and medium tone for non-ferrous, although I personally would have preferred a high tone for the non-ferrous in this mode, the tones were quite distinguishable, so no great hardship, I found when using the 3, 4, and dp mode (delta pitch) you had to set the sensitivity carefully, otherwise I got high tone chirps and sometimes multi-tones while working over iron contaminated ground, I have read many different opinions about the swing speed needed with this machine, some saying fast for the best depth some slow for best target separation, well i tried different speeds over the deeper targets and it seemed to me a nice steady swing came out best, slowing down the speed in moderate to heavy iron is vital in my opinion, some of the deeper finds did tend to break up when the swing speed was fast, so a medium type swing speed would be my choice.

I ran this machine over my test bed, which has been down for twenty odd years and has had all the iron removed, you wouldn’t believe the rubbish performance of some well touted machines this test bed has seen over the years lol, overall the deepest machines this test bed has seen are the minelab Explorer and sovereign Elite, but remember this is clean ground, the two mentioned machines didn't do that well on my nail test, in fact the explorer when tested using "ferrous" sounds was pretty pathetic to be honest, which really does show depth isn’t everything, in fact in my book it comes a fair way down the scale of importance.
Although these depth tests are done more for fun more than anything scientific, the T2 came out very well, at least matching other high end single frequency machines, the deepest single frequency machine I’ve tested on this bed so far was the Shadow X5, but again the advantage was only marginal, the poorest within the last five years was the X-Terra 50, all machines tested had the discimination set to eliminate a nail, and sensitivity as high as possible without picking up interference, in fact set the same as i would use them on site.

The T2 had a slight advantage over some on the higher conductive targets like milled silver and copper, but again not by a great margin, the one thing that stood out while testing the latest top line higher frequency machines which included: DFX, MXT, GOLDIE 1, GOLDIE POWER, TEJON, VAQUERO, T2, there was not one that stood apart from the rest depth wise, not surprising really I suppose as they all use the same technology, maybe the technology is used in many different ways, but the end result at least as far as depth goes seems to end up about the same, give or take a millimetre or two, personally it's the recovery speed, "iron see-through", audio strength, and coil choices that make a few of these machines just shade the rest, obviously if you were detecting permanant pasture or the beach then the multi-frequency machines would come into their own.

I found the T2’s recovery speed very fast, most fast recovering machines will give a “double bleep” on the shallow targets, the T2 gives a double bleep on some of the medium depth targets as well, which would make it one of the fastest recovering machines I’ve had the pleasure to use, the audio and meter circuit's are completely separate which must help a lot when it comes to response time, sometimes you can get a good audio signal with no target id on the meter, which obviously shows the audio circuit is deeper seeking than the meter circuit, although i never bother much with meter or depth readout's, both proved fairly accurate on coin sized targets, more so when they were "flat" in the ground.

I’ve got to be honest and say I was disappointed in the T2 when I did a nail test on it, the machine I use at present will give a high tone when a nail and cut quarter hammered coin are passed over the coil, this is with the discriminator set to reject the nail, the T2 struggled to give a clean signal on a whole hammered coin with the nail placed with it, this was with the machine set on a discrimination setting of 10 and using 2+ mode, now with the iron range on the T2 being 10-40 there’s not much you can do to reduce the bias against iron to improve matters in any of the the "tone" modes, my present machine will give a low tone on anything below the discrimination setting, which I usually have at 1.9 on the scale (rejects a medium sized nail), so you can fine tune the iron rejection, something you can’t seem to do on the T2  in the "tone" modes unless I’m missing something.

Although the T2 will pick up very small finds, I found the audio very scratchy on the tiny targets even when they were out of the ground, and sometimes found it hard to locate them after losing the signal completely, OK this is not a major problem, but slows you down, which in turn reduces your finds rate, now finds rate may not be that important to some, but it’s everything to me, I don’t get out that often nowadays but when I do, the machine I use and methods I use are chosen to locate a target, centre it, dig it , and recover it with the least amount of faffing about, this keeps my finds rate fairly high on most sessions, I judge the finds rate on all non-ferrous finds, not just coins and artefacts.

The T2 has proved to be fairly sensitive as I managed to pull out a cut half hammered, also a florin (two shilling piece to the youngsters lol) appeared from around 16 inches, which say’s it’s no slouch in the depth department, remembering this is a fairly large high conductive target, but still an impressive depth.
The one worrying thing to me is since I started using my present machine I’ve averaged around two cut hammered per session, a high number of those were cut quarters, after seven sessions with the T2 only one cut half hammered has appeared, yes it could be I’ve not mastered the T2 yet, but the two machines are very similar and set up more or less the same, low tone leave, mid/high tone dig, not a lot you can get wrong there methinks, I think it’s more down to the sites I choose to hunt, always plenty of iron around, the machine recovers plenty fast enough to pick out the targets next to iron, but to me the nail test which has proved accurate in showing which machines would work best amongst iron, did show that the T2’s ability to “see through” the smaller iron was at least questionable when using it in any of the "tone" modes, maybe this is proving to be the case, time will tell.

Since writing the above i've been experimenting with the "non-tone" modes, when you run in one of the "tone" modes, the iron tone gives a buzz for targets in the 10-40 range (iron range), so in affect your running with a discrimination setting of 40, although in the 2+ mode i ran the discrim at 10 the low tone was still working in the 10-40 range, in other words in the "tone" modes the iron discrim is preset, all that happens with the discrim on 10 is that you hear all the iron as a low tone, whereas if you set it at 40 the low tone is suppressed.
I could now understand why the nail test in 2+ tone mode was disappointing, re-doing the nail test using the 1+ mode where i found i could fine tune the discrim in the rejection of iron more to my liking, a setting of 20 caused the nail to give a slight crackle, taking the hammered coins (whole hammered, cut half, and cut quarter) and in turn placing them with the nail and passing over the coil i was pleased to find they all gave a positive signal, although the cut quarter was a tad scratchy, this was a big improvement over the test when using the 2+ tone mode.
I then took the T2 onto a patch of ground which is heavily contaminated with iron, I'd already searched this area carefully with the machine in the 2+ tone mode, this would make an interesting comparison, you can read how i got on here.  > > >Login

The T2 in my opinion is a dream to use unless it’s muddy or used on frosty crops lol, it’s a match for most other single high frequency machines, a great design and lightweight, well balanced, headphone socket in a very sensible place, although you must be careful if it’s raining that water doesn’t run down the cable into the casing, battery consumption from the four AA’s is very good, one niggle though is the springs that hold the battery's in place seem very weak and flimsy, and although i stretched the springs on my machine the batts still appeared very "loose" in the compartment, another drawback is it needs more coils, only the stock coil available at the moment.
I’d definitely add this machine to my top four that work best on my sites, and was only because of the “stronger” audio on the tiny finds, that my present machine stay’s my no.1 at the moment, but remember i'm editing this report as i experiment more with the T2, and i must say it's getting harder to seperate the mxt and T2, the mxt is slightly better on the tiny targets, giving a more positive signal, the T2 appears to have a slight advantage on depth, at least with the medium/larger targets, having said that, what we really need is some new technology, will that be the discriminating PI machine I wonder.

I have read a lot about the T2 picking up interference on other forums, I’ve got to say the only problem I’ve had was when detecting very close to power lines, even then it's no worse than other machines, it looks to me as if any major interference problems were with the earlier version, which was version 5, whereas the latest version is 6, a way to check the version you have is simple, with the machine turned off, push and hold the trigger forward and at the same time hold the menu button in, while still holding the trigger and button turn the machine on, the version number should appear on the screen.
While talking about interference i had weird experience the other day while using the T2, i'd been detecting for about two hours when suddenly the machine went crazy with interference, it was so bad i couldn't continue detecting, after taking off my headphones i realised my mobile phone was ringing, as soon as i answered the phone the interference stopped, believe it or not i reckon this is brilliant lol, you see with my job i'm on 24hr call, so when detecting i have to stop every now and again to check my phone to see if i've missed any calls, now the T2 will let me know if my phone is ringing, it's strange but no other machine i've used has ever been affected by my phone, all down to the frequency of the T2 i suppose.

Now I often read posts in which people say that field tests are not worth the paper their written on, now this may well be the case in the mags, after all the editors are not going to let someone slag off machine X if the maker of machine X is providing the mag with valuable advertising revenue, and I know some field tests have never been published because they were critical of certain machines, at least on the independent forums people can speak their minds, amazing really how few people bother posting their opinions on the detectors they use, as tests done in one part of the country will not necessarily be duplicated in another, there is no such thing as the perfect metal detector, or even a "best" metal detector despite the persistant ravings of a few over exciteable peeps  boxing9gl7cj

All my reports on this forum are my honest opinion of the performance of each machine, without going into a continues monologue of targets and depths, but remember they are done on my sites which have been hammered for over three decades with about every detector made, all that’s really left are the small low conductive targets, which is why I tend to go for the “sensitive” machines rather than the so called “deep seekers”, I shall continue to use the T2 when I can only get a short session in due to work as it’s a pleasure to use, but my cut hammy drought can’t continue lol.

Big E

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 12:50:01 PM »

Hi

Does this hold good on it's 15" depth targeting claim?

Looks a nice machine to run against the explorers.

Ian
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 04:58:04 AM »

Hi Ian

Ive got the Fisher F75 its very similar to the T2 and like most top of the range Detectors you will get very impressive depths with them but only in certain conditions.

It all depends on mineralisation of the soil,moisture,size of  the target ECT ECT

I had an Explorer 11 before i bought the Fisher, i cant knock the EXP its a great machine but i find the F75 is more Enjoyable and intuitive to used

all the best
Phil

Big E

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2010, 08:52:38 AM »

WOW! they look almost identical. Are these as good as the T2 is reported to be?

Ian
MOGGSY
Rally attendee

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 09:24:45 AM »

The build quality on the T2 is very poor as is the customer service.Just try ordering any part from them.The machines are very easy to use and set up and will find the goodies but I just wish they would build the machine with the reliability of a minelab!
saxonman

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 09:38:26 AM »

I HAVE THE T2 AND F75,BUILD QUALITY FOR THE  F75 IS FAR BETTER,FOR PERFORMANCE THE F75 DOES THAT TO.BUT BY NOT. MUCH......HAD TROUBLE WITH T2 ABOUT A YEAR AGO DUE TO DAMPNESS(RAIN)...THATS BEEN SORTED NOW.THEN STARTED TO USE THE F75,AND HAVENT LOOKED BACK......SO I KEEP MY T2 AS A SPARE..THEY ARE BOTH GR8 MACHINES,BUT THEY ARE DIFFERENT IN THERE USE.....THE GR8 THING ABOUT THEM THEY ARE VERY LIGHT TO USE..
ONE MORE POINT.....THE NEW G2 HAS HAD VERY GOOD REPORTS.MAXINE COULD GIVE YOU THE INFO AS I BELIEVE SHE WAITING FOR A NEW ONE............GWIL.
Big E

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2010, 10:04:49 AM »

You are a greedy man Saxon, having both machines, LOL.

Doesn't the G2 keep getting put back? I heard it was meant for mid April and now believe July? (I could be wrong). Don't think I can wait until July  Shocked
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2010, 11:06:01 AM »

I agree with Moggsy the F75 and T2 its hasnt got the build quality of say the Explorer but im very heavy handed and i havnt had any problem with mine.
I think all machines have got theyre draw backs
 like ive lost count the times ive heard about and seen, coil brackets snapping off Minelabs due to plastic becoming brittle over time
like all light weight machines theres always a trade off with toughness and weight,

Big E

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2010, 11:35:58 AM »

there is a guy in Cyprus selling the T2 for around £550 delivered. I have asked him questions about his stock etc and all would appear legit.

how would I stand with the guarantee? I presume I would have to send everything back via Cyprus or straight to US?!?!?

The F75 would appear to be a little ore complicated than the T2?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal