Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: XP Deus  (Read 5063 times)
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 01:23:12 PM »

so rjm how heavy in kg's is it ?  compared to a bone elbow aching expl se Grin

The XP Deus (without 100g control box attached) is 855g  (1.9 Lbs)

The  Minelab E-Trac is 2177g (with batteries)                     (4.8Lbs)

As you can see there is almost 3 Lbs difference. Quite considerable in metal detecting terms. Like carrying around a bag and a half of sugar for a few hours. No wonder Minelab Explorer and ET users are having tennis elbows, aches,  shoulder problems, etc etc.

And even by Goldmaxx standards the XP Deus is going to excel around iron. The XP Deus may not be as deep in some situations as the ET but depth isn't everything. If you're not comfortable, your unlikely to be concentrating fully and therefore possibly not detect all you should!

People say that the machine doesn't really give a lot over what's on the market. I disagree somewhat as it's the latest battery technology and electronics (processor speed etc), plus the lightest detector on sale. And it's all cordless including  the headphones. Plus you don't have to worry about the weather damaging your detector!!!
Plus you can select the frequency you want to use to optimise the targets you are searching for.

I think it's some way off before we get ground radar on a stick producing colour pics of what's under the soil up to a couple of feet!!

I don't understand these moaners griping that it's nothing radically new on the market. What did Minelab do? Brought out a similarish E Trac (albeit better performing?) machine to the ones they had on the market that are damn heavy and don't even have cordless headphones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What with plastic technology and radio technology there was no excuse for Minelab. Plus they put the price up £250 after launch!!!!!!

Us detectorists should be pleased that XP are at least listening to what we want: Lighter machine, adaptable, with no wires to strangle yourself or get caught on things.

I wouldn't get an E Trac on the weight issue alone. They can do the business but can be hard work after a couple of hours in the field.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 01:25:25 PM by rjm » Logged

outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 08:34:15 PM »

I must agree with you rjm as  due to work hadnt been out for a few months until last Monday, and suffered an aching arm for rest of week, after an afternoons session in Crickhowell with my se Grin

Though this bottle of old peculier beer that i am drinking at the mo does magically take away all aches and pains  Grin

Might need something stiffer if i had to cough up the cost of a Deus  Grin

I hope when you get it ( Deus), its all its cracked up to be and find gold  Wink
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 08:36:50 PM by outlaw » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal