Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: S.E anyone ?  (Read 2123 times)
TheLoveDoc

Garret Ace 250 Minelab Safari

« on: December 05, 2009, 04:31:20 PM »

Hiya all, out again today with my new chum aceboy and what a day... great fun ... i only wish i had a camara to film ace as the sty he was climbing over crumbled beneath the shear bulk of the fella  Roll Eyes and the gold stater he found which turned out to be a frying pan lmao  Grin  and to top it all off he detected for about 50 yards with the machine turned off hahahaha ( i think its ok to mention now that i did it too ace when we were in the last field mate )  Roll Eyes

Anyways, a very big WELL DONE ACE on finding your first "old coin" mate....a half penny and some other cool stuff too including a very nice West Ham football badge.

What I would apreciate though is any help with a coin that i found... its in very poor condition and i dont think theres any point in putting a pic here to be honest, however, after a little clean in the bath with me theres a faint queen victoria with the bun in her hair..... unfortunatley though cant make out the date but under the microscope i can just make out the letters S.E next to where the date should be.... I think its a mint mark ? could anyone give me a rough idea of the date from these letters ? Thanks all  Wink

1 Gold ring - returned to owner.
1 Silver belt ring.
1 copper hammered
2 Thimbles
1lb Cannon Ball
3 William Love Tokens
TheLoveDoc

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 04:48:51 PM »

oh i should mention i think its a half penny  Undecided

1 Silver belt ring.
1 copper hammered
2 Thimbles
1lb Cannon Ball
3 William Love Tokens
150aceboy
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 06:02:29 PM »

A great day detecting Doc mate, badge came up lovely, i'll put it on later for all to see.
Fancy telling everyone i forgot to switch detector on  Grin Grin Grin Grin, and that frying pan could have well been a gold stator  Grin Grin Grin.
And as far as the sty goes, what more can i say, should make things stronger in Llan  lol Grin Grin.
Thanks though Doc mate, for a great day out bud, really enjoyed mate, and thanks for showing me your finds collection, to be proud of butty, well done.
Watching with interest on that coin Doc, very interesting mate....
Ace  Wink
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 06:05:19 PM by 150aceboy » Logged
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 06:51:20 PM »

hi boys.listerning to your story off the day.s detecting.
thats what detecting.s all about fun haveing a laugh on the field.
the west ham badge sounds good jase. could be worse it could of been man.united.
lol.sounds like you had a good day boy.s.jase welldone with the coin.
keep em comeing boy.s.
ray.

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
TheLoveDoc

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 11:39:04 PM »

like i said ace fella ya welcome anytime mate..... you bring the rollies mate and i'll get the permission lol.... as for the sty fella... just think !!! its been there for millions of years untouched by mankind ...perfectly preserved.. then all of a sudden ... CRUNCH  ! lol....was funny mate!  Roll Eyes i must have weakend it fella lol.......

1 Silver belt ring.
1 copper hammered
2 Thimbles
1lb Cannon Ball
3 William Love Tokens
waltonbasinman
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 06:28:41 AM »

Well done for getting out lads. The weather has been really poor up here in Mid Wales and most fields are really wet or flooded. Was hoping to get back out next week but more rain forecast so we will see. Anyway well done on your finds and it is amazing what some people will pick up from pictures so don,t think however poor you think a find or coin is, put a picture on someone will spot something

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal