Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hoards found by Detectorists Part 3 - I found £1m treasure trove on first go!  (Read 37323 times)
staterchaser

Always expect the unexpected!

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 11:54:37 AM »

I believe the ground gives up what it wants, to who it wants and when it wants!
A lot of it is about a state of mind, dont throw that trash back in holes or in the hedge. Take it home and bin it and the Gods will reward you. Look after mother earth and she will look after you.
It works! Cool

I'm not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings. I'm a drunk we go to parties!
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 12:20:01 PM »

I totally agree about the trash Ceri but I seriously think you have been visiting Glastonbury too much Grin
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 03:39:33 PM »

A lot of it is about a state of mind, dont throw that trash back in holes or in the hedge. Take it home and bin it and the Gods will reward you. Look after mother earth and she will look after you.
It works! Cool

What do the Gods say about looking after mates ?   Wink  Grin

Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 09:39:48 AM »

ha ha,  i felt that i was led to my hoard, well untill the weather changed and the heavens opened, when i got home i seemed to be being attacked by fork lighteneing and thunder, it was coming down all round the house. lol

dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 06:45:40 PM »

oooooh yeah baby thats what i like Shocked

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
herbie

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 01:33:33 PM »

It works! Cool

I tend to agree, 18 months or so ago I got to one of my fields only to find two blokes detecting on it, I obviously went over and asked who they'd got permission off, they said they'd asked the farmer and he'd said it was Ok, I was a bit dubious as I know the farmer pretty well and am sure he would've told me about anyone else he'd given permission to, but I couldn't prove they hadn't spoken to him, typical I didn't have my phone on me Roll Eyes Anyway they stayed for a few hours, they seemed really intent on one bit of the field and said they'd google earthed it and it looked interesting, they really combed that area, but found nothing and they left when I did saying they might come back in the autumn, turns out they didn't have permission after all, they'd spoken to another farmer and assumed the field was his land Angry
The next day I went back to the field and decided to have ago in the area they'd been concentrating on, now I know this field really well and this particular area hadn't turned anything decent up at all, so I wasn't expecting to find anything............. how wrong was I!!!! Within the space of 2 hrs I'd found a solid gold roman earring, an extremely rare penny of Henry VI it being a mule with a York obverse & a London reverse, only 5 others known  Shocked and a missing piece of a medieval reliquary mount the Mrs had found a few weeks earlier!

Same sh*t different hole!!
Christoph1945
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 07:48:20 PM »

It works! Cool

You may have a very valid point there; I usually cary a bag for my scrap and take it home before checking it and sending some for recycling. On my last club outing I dug a mixed signal to recover what lookrd like a piece of an old drinks can pulltab. It turned out to be an Henry VIII, clipped half groat from the York mint. The outing before that I dug a mixed signal, only to recover what looked like a piece of zinc plate. Upon rescanning the spoil heap the EuroAce gave me a nice midpoint signal and I recovered a lovely hammered Elizabeth I sixpence.

Chris   Grin

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal