Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Garrett Ace 150/250 Users  (Read 3909 times)
150aceboy
« on: November 21, 2009, 04:40:47 PM »

Hi all, just wondering, how many people on DW are currently using the Garrett Ace 150/250 detectors, and whats your best finds using these detectors.
Cheers Ace  Wink
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 06:23:40 PM »

Here`s a true story of an Ace150 user Aceboy:

The economy is down, the price of gold is up and I've got a kid who needs to go to college someday.

So one hot Sunday afternoon, I did what any sensible working stiff might do: I rented a metal detector and hit Barry Island.

For years, I'd seen leathery old men scanning the sand with their wands, and I'd heard tales of treasure hunters finding Rolexes gone missing on the beach.

Making a mental note of all the jewelry I'd lost over the decades, I headed to the nearest Metal Detector Distributors for equipment.

They had a dizzying array of detectors for sale and rent. I went with a cheapo model - the Garrett 150 Ace - that rents for £17.95 a day and plunked down £12 for a yellow sifter.

"What am I likely to find?" I asked an employee.

"A lot of Pennies, crushed cans," she said.

No Rolexes?

"Maybe you'll get lucky," she said unconvincingly.

Undeterred, I shipped out to Barry around 5 p.m., strategically figuring people would just be leaving the beach - and, hopefully, leaving their metallic valuables behind.

The detector was easy to use. Just turn it on, wave the coil over the sand and wait for it to beep. The monitor indicated if it sensed coins or jewelry, as well as how deep I should dig.

Two minutes in, my Garrett 150 Ace started beeping like I was standing over the treasure of the Sierra Madre.

I handed the sifter to my 3-year-old, Charlie, and told her to start digging (hey, it's her education). As she shook out the sand, we heard a clinking sound that could only mean one thing: Pay dirt!

There in the bottom of the sifter, it lay: one very tarnished 5p.

Officially a successful scavenger, I forged on, stopping every few feet to dig in the sand.

Sometimes I'd get a false positive. Other times, the detector flashed "gold" and I found a bottle cap. It soon became sadly clear that the "PTAB" setting on the monitor wasn't for platinum, but aluminum pull tabs.

The sun was wickedly hot, but every time I found a coin it gave me a burst of energy to keep going.

The stragglers on the beach gave me odd looks. A crowd of children gathered to watch, but quickly lost interest.

"What are you doing?" one friendly guy asked.

"Oh, I'm a reporter for the Daily Argos ..." I started to explain.

"Damn, they need to pay you people more," he said.

I explained I was working on a story about treasure hunting. "Treasure? At Barry Island?" he said, a note of mockery in his voice.

My detector started beeping again and I started digging - and didn't stop until I found my target - a battered supermarket-brand can of orange Pop !  Cool.

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
TheLoveDoc

Garret Ace 250 Minelab Safari

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 07:15:31 PM »

Hallo ace mate, ive just got in from trying my new garret 250 fella, as i was saying in the mail i sent .... heres a pic of the brass dog i found, think its an old letter opener mate  Smiley

1 Gold ring - returned to owner.
1 Silver belt ring.
1 copper hammered
2 Thimbles
1lb Cannon Ball
3 William Love Tokens
150aceboy
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 08:51:20 PM »

Like it Stig mate  Grin Grin
Hey Doc love that dog you found bud, really unusal, excellent find, well done mate Smiley
Ace  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal