Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Laser Hawkeye  (Read 17345 times)
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2009, 01:38:54 PM »

Well against our better judgement we went out for an hour to another spot that I know ,its onlt 10 mins from the house so braved the rain. Anyway  a few signals all reading 55 and 3" deep I guessed were ring pulls then I hit a signal at 5" and decided to dig it and out popped a gold ring. At the moment I cant fault this machine its going great
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2009, 02:14:18 PM »

hi paul=lisa.
ive just come in from the rain too guys.
i had nice morning detecting i had thirteen coins.
welldone on the gold ring.now i know its good on gold.
keep them comeing.
ray

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
bigjase
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2009, 02:47:32 PM »

The hawkeye sounds like a cracking detector guys
falcon.

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2009, 03:39:46 PM »

Cheesy well done on finding a gold ring Grin Grin
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2009, 04:40:12 PM »

Cheers guys, well chuffed with it
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2009, 04:50:12 PM »

Ok , Paul/Lisa  explain the threshold on the hawkeye , because when I was looking at Rays Hawkye with him yesterday it had threshold hum on it.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2009, 05:02:22 PM »

How does this Laser perform on freshly ploughed ground, as minelabs hate freshly turned ground.
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2009, 05:22:31 PM »

Well I was always under the impression that u should have a steady hum on the threashold and this is what puzzled me with the hawkeye as i was told set the threshold to max. But I posted this on another forum and they told me the same set it high (bit like gain on the minelab) increases the audio. I havnt been on ploughed yet with it but I think it will be very good as you not after depth but speed , saying that i found the SE good on ploughed as long as its set right and keep the coil close to the ground. (biggest mistake i made with the SE was having sense to high) no need for it its deep enough in auto and then later if u aint getting much then crank it up. (these are just my opinions of course). trying to put a pic upof the ring cant see the blydi hallmark tidy (nows a good time to mention that usb microscope please Santa)
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2009, 05:23:43 PM »

think ive sussed it
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2009, 05:27:29 PM »

With my DFX (and i know its not the same with all machines) Threshold should be set as low as what is still audiable. This it to allow fainter signals to 'break through' the threshold...must be different with different machines

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2009, 05:30:05 PM »

Same for the EX11 and the SE but what ive been told for the hawkeye is to max it thats why i couldnt get my head round it I shall look again at the website and post it
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2009, 05:35:15 PM »

By setting the threshold high while in the discrim mode, it will boost the strength of the audio on the weaker signals you may get on small or deep targets, this is known as "super tuning"  This is the answer I had. If you set it to a fine hum then u get a sense of depth as the audio would be fainter for deeper targets so its like the gain on the ex models basically
beachboy (viv)

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2009, 07:23:15 PM »

Paul/Lisa,well done that looks really nice do you think it has some age about it or its modern,you sound as if you won't miss your minelab.(Viv)
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2009, 07:54:34 PM »

Hi Viv, I dont think its old but I am going to try and get a better look at the hallmark cant find my magnifying glass. Funny you should say that about the SE, we going on a beach tomorrow and Lisa wants the hawkeye lol, oh well im not complainging lol
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2009, 09:47:15 AM »

Went out yesterday on a ploughed site with plenty of promise. Have to say I was looking forward to this but in the end very dissapointed, I struggled with the laser somehow dont know if it was interference from other machines but hadnt experianced it before there was a lot of iron in the field and i had to turn the sense down to quieten it a bit. Anyway not much for me in the way of coins just one farthing really bad condition and a few buttons.Lisa with the SE found a rose farthing again in bad condition and a few buttons also so she done well considering there were about 50 detecorists i dont think 7 coins were found between them. Pity really as it did look very promising. Im still enjoying comparing the two machines though .

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal