Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Laser Hawkeye  (Read 17233 times)
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« on: November 14, 2009, 01:54:59 PM »

Went out with my new machine today in all that rain, to a spot I have done to death with the SE. It is a local beauty spot that used to have a railtrack running through it thats now completly overgrown.and its had its fair share of campers,picnickers etc. so the trash here is very high. Anyway I only wanted to set up the machine just to see what its like. After switching on and adjusting the various knobs I set off knowing I will only be half hour as rain was lashing down. In the half hour I was there I found a ring pull, a small aluminium tube, and a thruppenny bit. I know its not much but believe me we have done this to death with the SE and last thing I expected was a coin. really pleased with it so far cant wait to get on some ploughed with it TBH.
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 02:34:34 PM »

hi both.
glad you went out to use it.
found a coin as well.
welldone to you both got to give you credit.
for going out in the rain.
good start.
ray.
im going out tommorow in the rain.
by the look of it lol.

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 02:41:41 PM »

Cheers Ray really am impressed with it
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 10:44:37 PM »

Well so far theres the price difference the laser is a lot cheaper, also a lot lighter than the SE. I will be comparing these two machines over the next few weeks to get a better idea. I will say this though (in my experiance)  I did not like the SE coils  the SEf coil was far more stable, I know through expeiance the SE does go deep but at the same time u do need to swing it slow to get the best from it.I will keep you informed of my progress as Lisa and I will prob swop machines during our hunts
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 11:20:26 PM »

I think you have to give up a lot of brain power you use an Explorer
I get easily distracted when im detecting and my Exp used to bore me to tears sooooo slooooowwwwww
now ive got a faster machine Im finding again because i enjoy using it ;0)

When the Hawkeye 1st came out the advert was ,,,,,"Never underestimate the Hawkeye" i think thats very true

all the best
Phil Jones
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 03:32:14 PM »

Look forward to reading the updates with regards your experiences Paul/Lisa. The differences between any detector against a Minelab is worth reading.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 03:38:02 PM »

I am also toying with a change in machine and manufacturer to keep things fresh for me so I'll be interested how you get on Paul.

I am day 13 of giving up smoking, and I need to spend the £1.5K I would spend a year on fags somewhere! Grin

My chest is already feeling better, I can taste again and always seem to have cash in my pocket now. I feel confident I am going to do it this time after 20 years of smoking!

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 03:57:01 PM »

Neil if you'd like any support with the no smoking I could get my mate too sit by you all day. He just kept poking me repeatedly in the ribs evertime I lit up.

8 yrs + 4 mnths quit.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
detectordave

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 04:01:25 PM »

Good effort neil what my mate done when he give up was every time he would buy a pack of fags he put the money into a jar after about 4 months he had over a grand in it then booked a holiday for himself. Keep it up

IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED DO IT THE WAY THE WIFE TOLD YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE
beachboy (viv)

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 04:02:45 PM »

hi neil,i tried a few times,but found the answer,i put the money in a jar and counted it every week, which enabled me to by my first video and never smoked again 27 yrs.(viv)
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 04:32:06 PM »

Thanks for the support lads. Its a funny thing tobacco - so bloody addictive - it would never be legalised now if it had just been discovered.

Its also interesting that you all remember how long ago you gave up!

Sorry to highjack the thread with my smoking issues! Grin

Money will be going on a new machine I think

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 09:30:16 PM »

Got out today for the first real time with the laser. Got to say took a bit of time getting used to there being no  threshold hum, unlike the Se where u got the hum all the time. So half the time i was switching to AM  ( where there is a threshold hum) just to make sure it was on lol. Anyway thought Id start by digging  an iron signal just to see, the screen said iron and sure enough it was iron, then I had a nice signal  between 56 and 66 and a nice solid bar on the screen, depth sid 4 "  I dug up a small musket ball. Ok not a great find but the depth was spot on and the audio/screen agreed with each other so I knew I was on the right track. Anyway to cut this short I ended up with 13 musket balls , a button (6") and a buckle. what I did notice though was I picked up a few "hot rocks" the audio was good the screen jumped a bit from high 70s down to 0. I had to dig them as im used to deep signals on the SE showing up like that. I have taken the 3 hotrocks home with me to experiment with them a bit. Lisa meanwhile found 6 musketballs a button and what looks to me like a clasp, as there seems to be leather on it. I found the laser very light and easy to use and cant wait to try it out on ploughed.
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 07:22:57 PM »

Ok managed to set out for 2 hrs today and went back to my usual place. I wanted to get to know this machine better so perfect oppurtunity. After switching on setting the threshold to max and sense at 10 off I went.  Loads of signals everywhere mostly iron so dug them up to check sure enough it was. I ended up with 13 ringpulls the older type all these fell between 55/66 on the screen and depth showed 4" which was pretty much bang on. I also had 5 halfpenny coins 3 were decimal the others were 1933 and 1921 the depth again played its part as it was showing between 6 and 7". Getting more familiar with the hawk now and must say so far Im well pleased with it. When u realise how trashy this place is you will understand how well it done to pull 5 coins. Lisa used the SE and all she managed was a new 10p piece. In fact we are even thinking of selling the SE and getting another hawkeye its that good.
falcon.

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 08:53:52 PM »

Cheesy sounds u done well to find 5 coins on trashy site and u are getting better at it with ur new machine Grin im hopping mine will turn up tommrow so i can have a bash with it  Grin Grin
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »

Dont think u will be dissapointed m8

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal