Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: our hobby is in our own hands................  (Read 5941 times)
llanelli club
« on: February 11, 2009, 11:49:34 PM »

we all wander across land  enjoying the swing of things with the odd buzz of interest from a passing find.
travel through so many paths of history we may never understand how or why something was lost or burried.
it could be yesterdays lunch money on a sandy shore whilst walking the dog before school.
a sword lost in battle long forgotten in history but remembered  well at the time by local people.
we save these precsious items and help rebuild our lost pasts not for us alone but for future generations.
let us hope that our unwise government don't see fit to  stop us from saving historical items or that lost sentimental item .
always keep our land as we find it remove all rubish from any site .this is a day time sport .
remember it is our hobby that is currently underpressure from rougues who disgard rubbish or nighthawk.
''keep swinging and it will keep dinging''
our future is in our hands help each other help another firmly we will stop rotteneggs from spoiling this great interesting safe peaceful educational hobby .

thank you
MR RICHARD SMITH
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 08:33:32 AM »

so true too, nice one,
 well i'm goin g to get ready to do a bit of swinging myelf now before the weather changes,
 best regards
 Alan

Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 09:23:16 AM »

Good comments Richard - I couldn't agree more.

Welcome to the Forum

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Richy
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 09:33:08 AM »

Well said Rich, It's a pity we have a rogue element in our hobby as do most sports
Welcome to the forum my friend. Smiley.

Richy.

You can show a gift horse water but a pencil must be lead.
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 12:10:56 PM »

Hear! hear!

Well said and beautifuly typed i couldnt put it better myseft

all the best
Phil Joes
simon c

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 08:05:57 PM »

I totaly agree with your comments Richard,but just out of interest how do you think we as responsible detectorist's should go about safe guarding our hobby, Smiley
llanelli club
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 09:19:06 PM »

by continueing to report all finds .this firstly preserves our commitment to save history for the future generations.
not to loot  sites but to responsible use metal detectors only on legally available land with this in mind we have no bad press only good .
hawkers cause unessessary strains which always find heavier headlines than good responsible people finding 30 roman coins  in a rally.
if nighthawkers get caught with say 7 items they would make papers .
do you agree?
if each detectorist took rubbish from the hole and recycled all metals no matter how little this also help provide some helpful return to lost metals from our planet.
hope this maybe lets people understand why our hobby can continually help  .
simon c

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 10:15:38 PM »

Yes i would agree with that Richard,but personaly i think the penalties for the rotten egg's could be more severe. Smiley
KANE (DES)

RARE,FID

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 10:19:36 PM »

I fully agree with you richard,and as simon said the law should step down on them heavier   all the best DES
mickycoin "mick"

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 10:14:09 AM »

well said thats the boy !
we do have this wonderful hobby .
what's nice to see recently with a remarkable change is that some suporting enthusiasm from some archs about how good we all are getting items reccorded that we save so many historical items from lose .
metal detectorist actually count for the majority of all metal finds logged to date .
mmmmmmmmm and only roughly 35 years of hobby detectorists findings in comparison to centuries of  archs.

you have to walk over it to find it,even then its not a dead sert
BottyBurp (Kris)

To "Search and Protect"

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 09:15:13 PM »

That's so very true Richard, if only everyone would take the time to realise this.

I feel quite embarassed sometimes even on club digs where I seem to be back filling other people holes or even picking up that Horse Shoe that someone found & left next to their hole!

It's "as you say" people like that which will ruin our hobby.

BB

PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE & SIGN THE GUESTBOOK.
H.M.D.C. Member
S.H.R.A.D.S Member
N.C.M.D. Member
www.freewebs.com/krisupfold
www.freewebs.com/hucclecotemetaldetectingclub
KANE (DES)

RARE,FID

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 12:03:22 AM »

ME to Botty always filling other peoples holes bu t i.ll keep doing it to help preserve detecting maybe the organizers could employ people who are concerned about our hobby to watch out  and chuck them off the rallythen perhaps they.ll understand we detecorists mean what we say    best regards DES
BottyBurp (Kris)

To "Search and Protect"

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 03:32:13 AM »

Yep, I couldn't agree more DES but club members are also responsible for doing this and we need (our club) to try and stamp it out.

Also, hows your new car?

Did you get it?

BB

PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE & SIGN THE GUESTBOOK.
H.M.D.C. Member
S.H.R.A.D.S Member
N.C.M.D. Member
www.freewebs.com/krisupfold
www.freewebs.com/hucclecotemetaldetectingclub
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 09:49:07 AM »

one of the guys i used to go out with was a sod for not backfillig his holes preoperly and used to leave rubbish laying around,
 we got a new farm one day, she let us go at the back of the farm house, it was like a bowling green, a small field like a lawn
 i spent most of my time cleaning up after him but couldn't keep up with him,
i told him about it but he couldn't be bothered
next time we went back i showed her what i'd found as she wasn't there when we left,,  but she kicked us off cos of his mess.    when i got back to the car i told him about it and he got the huff with me saying no one told me about it ,  lol, the idiot.   and he saw me  giving up my detecting to go cleaning up his mess too.  he was the same everywhere and just wouldn't be told,

Alan

Alan

Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 10:09:56 AM »

Iv'e just remembered,  the way his mind worked he 'd see it as an adavantage ,   me stopping to clear up his mess  while he carries on detecting while stopping me from detecting,  thats the way his mind worked,  sooo small minded.
its the one that kicked off when i found my hoard,
Alan

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal