Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Metal detector headphones straight or curly lead?  (Read 2455 times)
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« on: November 01, 2009, 11:53:56 AM »

Not a great day for detecting for some of us due to the miserable weather,so maybe a good time to ask:
                     Metal detector headphones straight or curly lead  Huh
My old Headphones have just stopped working & was wondering,before i rush out & buy a new set,if you guys/girls have any opinions on the Question above. Thanks.
I will add that i`ve been told the "Curly" lead can be somewhat Cumbersome !

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 01:00:41 PM »

curly lead every time, purely because there is more of it. you could use straight but it would have to be thick and I think you would end up either pulling them off your head or tripping over the lead. Chef-Phone leads are 6m long, a straight one would be dragging behind you.
Are you going to Rooksbridge?
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 01:19:51 PM »

Hello Smiley Stig detectors headphone leads!! the curlyleads in my experience are heavier than the straight one but they can stretch and retract  where as the straight leads are more prone to tangle up  Sad some people use hi-fi headphones these are not suitable really thier not durable enough  Wink theres another important factor that you,ve forgotten COMPATABILITY there are headphone out that won,nt work with just any model machine with some the tone is,nt right / with others no signal electricial mismatch Wink whatever you buy make sure they are the best match for your machine at the price bracket your looking at  Wink also if anybody uses curled lead headphone don,nt wrap the lead around the headphones at the end of detecting unless the cable is of the expensive memory type otherwise you,ll had inches to the lenght of it Sad Stig you should phone around and ask about the differant headphones available for your X-TERRA 70 i f you go to garys metal detectors there is a section where you can hear the audio signal differances between differant pairs of headphones use this only as an example headphones are an important piece of kit without the right pair you could miss that find of a lifetime good luck Wink

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
cronge (richard)

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 03:27:01 PM »

chef phones work very well for me on dfx, and leads are seperate and can be replaced should they strech,but dont know the price of leads should they need to be replaced
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 08:15:28 AM »

i used s straight one once,  it kept getting in the way, had to put it up around my neck, it was a nuisence,    curly one every time for me,
Alan

Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 10:01:23 AM »

Curly curly curly.

My spare ones have a straight lead and WHAT a pain it is, everytime i put the tector down it rips the headphones off my head.

In fact my connection is dodgy on my Kos ur30's. I'd like them converted to an unplugable lead.. Chef , pm the details fella will you?

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
cardiff bats (Paul)

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 10:47:13 AM »

I was fortunate enough to borrow a pair of Chef-Phone Super Lights, 32ohm, 96dbl, detachable lead, volume control, mode switch at a recent rally and i must say that they are worth their weight in Gold. The biggest plus points for me were made only too clear after the sully rally a couple of weekends ago when i had my current pair of phones on. The wind noise was horrific and they were most uncomfortble, unlike the chef-phones which geoff had let me borrow. The are a fantasitic fit  with no outside noise pollution at all. Another plus point is the amount of curly cable that there is.There is plenty and you will not have to keep taking your phones on and off whilst digging due to the lack of cable. They are on my christmas list  Grin Thanks once again Geoff  Wink....i did not realise how important a good set of head phones were untill i had to go back to my original ones.
Bats

Civility costs nothing....Excellence even less
seeker

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 11:29:25 AM »

i use big blue head phones (curly lead) made for detecting . a bit more expense but ive never looked back . have had them for 7 years now without a problem . when i think about all the cheap tangerly headphones i got through in the years before the big blues i should have invested a long time ago  Smiley
so for me id say curly and made for the hobby  Smiley

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 10:14:31 AM »

chef phones work very well for me on dfx, and leads are seperate and can be replaced should they strech,but dont know the price of leads should they need to be replaced

Replacement leads are £11.95
cronge (richard)

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 11:46:48 AM »

thanks chef, thats cheap enough

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal