Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minelab Service and Repair  (Read 9520 times)
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« on: November 05, 2009, 06:45:38 PM »

Anyone had any dealings with them? Good or bad? If you've read my thread you'll know my Quattro won't power up. My father in law is an electrician and can't find the problem so it needs to go back.

Is it worthwhile and cost effective to have it repaired or invest in a new detector. Don't particularly want to spend too much money as I could put it towards a new machine. Bit of a dilemma I have!  Huh  Huh  Huh
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 07:16:56 PM »

generally they are first class, telephone Finbar at Minelab and ask his advice, the only problem is the cost of postage.
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 07:23:30 PM »

In my opinion,through personal contact,Minelab "customer Care" is 1st class & well worth a call Jon.they will help & advise you as to your best action to take regarding this problem. Go for it !

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
waltonbasinman
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 07:29:59 PM »

I wonder if Minelab do a Minelab owners service and repair. I could do with a new pair of knees, right shoulder and collarbone.  Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
sandpiper

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 07:50:46 PM »

Service is first class- just had my explorer back only took 8 days there and back -phone minelab first to book  the detector in to the Uk service and repair centre

to send (top arm with box and coil )
normal postage with insurance about - £10- £12
express special delivery  next day about £22

My explorer had some major work done and a new touchpad ( because I took it apart and broke some pins -aaarrrgh!! ) it all came to £93 with return postage included .

I imagine your Quattro will be a simpler repair -possibly the on /off power switch so it will be a lot less cost
If you want you can ask them to  phone you and  advise on the cost of repair  before they carry out the work .
Quattro is a quality machine its got to be worth repairing - when its fixed you could p/x it for an upgrade  good luck

you have to believe it to achieve it !!
bymatt666 (byron)
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E.member

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 09:51:02 PM »

great service with them...my explorer would not start up...it turned out to be the on/off switch...they fitted a new front panel,because it's all printed circuit....cost £73....i was happy...byron....ps..if you want a contact number let me know  Wink

i'd give up chocolate....but i'm no quitter !
minelab explorer xs
NCMD member
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 01:40:35 PM »

Cheers for the information lads. Looks like over £100 then. About what I expected. Sounds like the service is very good. Don't know if I can justify spending that much on what is after all a machine that has been replaced by the Safari. I haven't actually done more than 20 hours detecting in the whole of 2009 so I have to take that into account as well. Put the money towards a new detector in 2010.  I think I'll just visit the site to I.D. other peoples military buttons and badges for them! Back to the fishing for me!
150aceboy
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 02:19:10 PM »

Hi Jon, forget the detector mate Grin, if your catching cod like that mate, great catch Jon, cheers Ace  Wink
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 02:28:29 PM »

not at all jon just send for the front screen which is 24 qwid  bring it to me and ill sort it for nout for you mate done many of them and fixed my own as well i mend minelabs explorers for fun they are simple  Smiley

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 03:15:18 PM »

Cheers Phil. Much appreciated. VERY much appreciated.
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 03:23:26 PM »

BTW Aceboy 150...the cod is a 33pounder. I caught eight that day. I must be a better fisherman than detectorist!
Salty (Karl) Cardiff Scan Club

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »

Thats a beautiful Cod Jon, was that off a boat or from the shore? Fish like that as less common than hammered coins nowadays!

Never Mistake my Kindness for Weakness
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 03:35:46 PM »

33 pounder off Newport. In a mates boat caught on a 10lb class boat rod with 10lb line cast out for small fish to use as bait! The big lugworm ragworm squid cocktails were on my two 30lb class rods!

I had an article in South Wales Sports Echo, Sea Angler Magazine and Boat Angler. Shakespeare gave me an Ugly Stik rod for fish of the week in The Sunday Mirror.

I've had a few fish featured in magazines freshwater and sea.

Never been in a metal detecting magazine.

As I said....I'm a far better fisherman!  Wink

Salty (Karl) Cardiff Scan Club

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 04:04:55 PM »

Just like fishing ( i did it for years before getting into hunting) metal detecting has an element of skill, element of equipment, but with the proper research and a very large dose of luck, you should catch the big one one day.
I used to catch some cracking fish off Penarth as a Kid, won several Comps, sourounded by adults with all the top flight gear, all i had was a home made rod made from bits of three other donnar rods, an old multiplier that was meant for boat fishing and tackle i used to find on the beach after the comps, the adults would cast out what seemed miles when i was a kid, I'd just about manage to get it out 30 ft, but i was a lucky little sod, the amount of good fish i caught that i didn't even know were on the end until I'd real in was shamefull Smiley
What I'm getting at, is I'm sure luck, fate whatever you call it has more to play than skill or equipment in metal detecting, you just need to wait for your time, as for my fishing,lets just say my luck ran out as i got older and bought better kit?
Salty

Never Mistake my Kindness for Weakness

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal