Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: minelab ex 2 or SE or maybe even an Extera 70  (Read 17281 times)
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2009, 06:40:40 AM »

Phill if I knew what you meant then I wouldnt have queried it, Im not getting into a slanging match over a piece of machinery i got better things to do. If you prefer the xs then fine no problem i prefer the ex11 end of.  I could go on but cant be arsed
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2009, 10:52:30 AM »

ok guys keep your hat on it wasnot ment to sound like that  Huh just trying to help if you like the ex11 then fair play to you if you still want the program to go into the ex11 then no worries it works in the ex11 aswell they are the same detectors no slanging match from me when you get one just pm me and ill pm it to you  Wink

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2009, 11:08:02 AM »

Thats the only problem I find with (text speak) you never know how its sounding, whether its meant in jest or otherwise. So if i sounded a bit off then my apologies. As for the prog I think I got it lol.
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2009, 11:31:12 AM »

ok paul/lisa no need for the sorrys you did nout wrong just got hour wires crossed  Shocked  if you got the program of mr fox then it is all wrong as i gave it to him and he messed it up and then give it to most of the guys and i have at to put it right for them  Angry i have been useing one now for 7 years and as you know when you use something for a long time you get to know it inside out and get the best out of it all the best (phil)

colin

dig everything

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2009, 08:56:34 PM »

if everyone just bought a fisher f75 switch on and go,simplicity in itself .this detector is in my eyes the best for finds .
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2009, 09:00:34 PM »

T2 is better colin same detector but dont fall apart like the fisher  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

colin

dig everything

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2009, 09:36:09 PM »

hi phil bought mine two years ago not had a problem with it still as sound as ever
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2009, 09:55:10 PM »

just jokeing mate  Cheesy they are good detectors and the t2 getting one after chrismas but dont think as deep as the explorer but much much better on recovery and as light as a feather  Wink

outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2009, 06:41:30 AM »

. What I liked on the Se over the ex11 was the pitch hold which on a beach or pasture really improved finds, Out of the three I still say the ex11 fitted with a SEf coil was the best deal, but I do like the pitch hold

This pitch hold, i tried it a few times and found it difficult to understand what was going on, any chance you could explain pitch hold for me please for a dummy like me  Grin
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2009, 07:06:45 AM »

Pich hold is difficult to get your head round and use it on clean sites or beach. What it does is (this is going to be hard to describe)  you have your threshold set to a nice hum now imagine you are going along and at the end of ur sweep there is  say a silver coin but ur coil aint directly over it (cos its at the end of ur sweep)  well the machine just catches it enough for the threshold tone to change to the sound you get for silver and it stays at that tone untill u go over another target  So say im on a beach  and  Im going along if that tone changes  (specially a good tone) then I know ive just past something so i can re check to see what target it was. As I said the target hasnt got to be directly over the coil but in the vicinity of it to change the tone.
Very hard to explain but on the beach or on clean pasture I find it excellent but does take getting used to
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2009, 08:30:16 AM »

I normally tect in conduct do you still keep the same settings as normally, or is it a totally different set up  Grin

I must practice and have a little more patience !

These options is one of the reasons why i stay with the se pro, there are still after a few years of use things to learn and play with. Peeps who continually cvhange their machines, amaze me, not giving themselves or their tectors a chance
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2009, 08:40:54 AM »

Yes stay in conduct, obviously its entirely up to you but I find conduct better. If you have good headphones with volume control then it makes life 10 times easier. What I tend do do is use a general all round programe like 1066  to start off and if im strugling then i max it up on the various settings noisy but once you get used to it finds do increase
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2009, 08:46:01 AM »

Just had a thought why dont you download the SE emulater off the minelab owners site. That way you can change the settings on the PC and experiment with it, you can download different zip files also like british coins etc
beachboy (viv)

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2009, 04:07:48 PM »

have anyone used tony hunts program for the explorer 2 on pasture land
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2009, 04:29:18 PM »

Hi Viv the 1066 programe is Tony Hunts its as he says a good all rounder only difference I make is use conduct not ferrous

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal