Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: minelab ex 2 or SE or maybe even an Extera 70  (Read 17278 times)
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 10:38:16 AM »

yes I understand what you are saying, I dont want to open a can of worms here but when we had the SE and the ex11 I set them up with the sef coil and TBH there wernt that much difference in the machines both were brilliant. If I really had a choice I would get an ex11 plus a sef plus decent headphones and still get change from £600. Dont get me wrong I loved the SE but when ex11s are £2-£300 cheaper then u got to ask youself is it worth the extra. On top of that do I want to pay extra again to have pro written in red. Trouble I got is its for the wife and at the moment I think she would buy a broom handle as long as it had a coil on the end of it she,s driving me up the wall lol. (Why oh why couldnt she have enjoyed fishing) lol
Jeb

from the N Wales Mountains

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 10:45:01 AM »

I think you`d find the SE pro is more than just a red name on the controll box.
It has a LOT MORE going for it than the std SE had. Read the spec in my ad on the for sale section that differs from the SE Pro to the SE.  The Pro coil makes a big difference for starters. Grin

Heaven won`t take me, and Hells afraid I`ll take over.
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 11:14:11 AM »

Hi Jeb I have sent you a pm. On the one hand she,s going to kill me, then again it is for her so maybe just maybe I will be forgiven. I doubt it mind lol
16.5DD (richard)

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 09:33:53 PM »

xs is the best for money so stop wasting money buy one find and sell a few hundred quids worth of finds and buy a new se if you want.
xs £350 approx on the bay

you never know what lies below......

dreaming of detecting whilst............
detecting as there nothing else i would rather dooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2009, 09:40:30 PM »

Hi richard long time no see.I agree with you about the SE/pro but in my view the ex11 with a SEF fitted is just as good cant comment on the xs as I havnt had one. But for the money difference between the ex11 and an SE or the PRo then yes I see your point cant see how minelab justify the extra price and now of course theres the E trac lot of money but that much better?
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 04:29:45 PM »

i most agree with you rich the xs is the better detector has you know i had a new ex11 and could not wait to sell it not a patch on the xs and you can pick them up for £200 to £300 second hand and i think ive proved that over the last year  Undecided the xs with the pro coil is a winner Wink

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
1morecoin
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2009, 04:58:48 PM »

I agree with Phil, I had the XS, EXP II and SE and to be honest found very little difference if any with the performance, apart from the build quality of course.
You can get the plastic upgraded on the XS to EXP II spec for a few quid which I personaly think is a good idea, then fit the Pro Coil and you are sorted.

Steve.   
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2009, 05:29:13 PM »

It all depends though dont it ? Personally I think the SE is better than th ex11 but its not £3 to £400 better if you use the same sort of settings as you did the ex11 then there is no differnce. What I liked on the Se over the ex11 was the pitch hold which on a beach or pasture really improved finds, Out of the three I still say the ex11 fitted with a SEf coil was the best deal, but I do like the pitch hold
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2009, 05:36:44 PM »

minelab are pretty good at their sales hype  Roll Eyes

I doubt any of the explorer range to e.trac are different other than in looks and sounds, and probably worse still all have the same processor. Minelab refuse to discuss or answer any question as to what processor's are in their respective models  Wink

When you listen to the older generation who used the first explorers and those that still use them, they still are the bees knees  Grin  My personal opinion for what it is worth, that all minelab are doing with following models up to e.trac, is basically expanding the settings and sounds. The actual spec stays the same, though the looks differ.

Minelab moved forward in bringing out the pro coil.

Dont get me wrong, I use an se pro and will not part with it, if the goodies lie beneath the coil, i will find it  Grin
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 05:38:45 PM by outlaw » Logged
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2009, 05:50:06 PM »

Thats like saying a ford focus is the same as a cortina? still got 4 wheels an engine and a boot. Minelab are very good with their sales pitch i dont dispute that but you got to agree that they are a good machine as far as depth goes. I guess they should be renamed Marmite you either love em or hate them

coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 06:13:23 PM »

yer ok but and the big but is that the se and the ex11 are so much slower on iron recovery than the xs thats why i go for xs every time on the ex11 there are two read out one being digital and the other the conduct read out on one screen so it takes twice as long and makes so slow to recover bear in mind this is my veiw on it  Undecided you think about it makes sence hope this helps  Wink

Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2009, 06:32:21 PM »

Think you mean smart screen  or digital? dont take this the wrong way but you are either in one or the other not both the same time, and then you still have the option of fast or deep in either one
1morecoin
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2009, 11:02:05 PM »

What Phil means is that there are two sets of numbers on the EX II and SE compared to the one set on the XS, these numbers cover the conductivity and ferrous decay rate of the target, the XS has just one set of numbers which is asigned to a particular type of conductive target, which means the EX II and SE machines have two sets of numbers to process from one target which slows the recovery speed down, which could mean missed targets.

Steve.
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2009, 11:19:52 PM »

thanks for that steve they knew what i ment just didnot explain it that way  Tongue and of corse with my program which if you do get a xs paul/lisa i am more than willing to give it to you  Wink

16.5DD (richard)

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2009, 12:41:44 AM »

phil dont give the secret away man they will all be pulling up the goodies lol
good program that finds stuff and the sound helps to gain on iffy signals they are heard easier.
works with exp 2 also.

you never know what lies below......

dreaming of detecting whilst............
detecting as there nothing else i would rather dooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal