Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying a new Detector  (Read 24359 times)
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 06:09:44 PM »

Hello RJM Smiley  not a condemnation at all Wink more an observation on the subjectof the etrac and se  I may have erred on the wrong side of observation on your obvious enthusiasum for the Deus but not every so called advancement in detector technology is a step in the right direction  Sad I,ve owned many detectors like yourself and we have obviously got differant ideas when it comes to machines having used and owned a few minelabs and xps amongst others I won,nt pay the extra for an etrac  the se is not far behind in preformance and as far asthe Deus is concerned it,s basically a goldmaxx /gmaxmaxx with a couple of extra frequencys thorown in for good measure at a lot lower cost you can combine the adx250 goldmaxxpower or adx200 goldmaxx mk1 and get a not too disimilar preformance and while on the subject of desse dunn I,ve be told by people in the know he does,nt know a lot about the explorers etc , in fact he uses the factory preset programmes mr Brunn and mr HERITAGE are the ones who know what their talking about Wink I was,nt having a DIG at you personally excuse the pun But I,m  getting a bit annoyed  at the manufactures taking advantage of gulliable people with all their lastest Bull- - - - CLAIMS ( BEWARE SAME PARCEL DIFFERANT WRAPPING)  Wink  good luck  Smiley

I'm not really knocking the Explorers or ET.  In my humble opinion the E Trac is a superb machine and as I've already stated on this forum a few times, VERY PROBABLY the best ALL ROUND machine currently on the market. BUT, it has two drawbacks which are the weight and no cordless headphones. In this day and age with materials available and technical expertise,  for the price charged, the E Trac should have had these problems addressed. Also, it has a bit of a learning curve.

I'm annoyed with Minelab as the E Trac was originally £999 when first in UK market. It's now £1239 despite the pound having gained against the dollar. This is a blatant rip off.

I agree with UK Brian's post where he says Minelab will now drastically reduce the price of the E Trac to compete with the Xp Deus. In my original post I suggested sitting on the fence and waiting, and if you were going to get one it was worth paying a bit extra to get the E Trac over the SE.

I agree with your comment that the XP Deus is basically the G-Maxx and Goldmaxx in one. The G Maxx2 was my all time favourite machine. However, the Deus offers a LOT more in terms of lightness, tones, pin pointing, beach mode, cordless headphones, battery meter etc etc.

I have an XP Deus on order as I'm fortunate I can afford it. I don't throw money away however, and it will be some time before XP reduce, if at all, the price of £1350. The price of their existing machines never seemed to drop. They know that people will buy at the price they ask so why should they drop their price?

At last Minelab have some real competition and this is why, as Brian said, the next few months will be interesting.

If you don't mind the weight and lack of cordless headphones and time taken to learn to use, then I would say, wait a couple of months and pick up a new E Trac for £800 !!! At this price it will be a better machine than the Deus !!! Smiley

Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 06:23:52 PM »

GROUNDHOG DAY
                            AGAIN Roll Eyes
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 09:12:05 PM »

Not this again ! AaaarH  Shocked   Grin

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 10:44:40 AM »

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley   If you want something different bring back Millsy and Digga and the crew !!!!!   Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

hedgehog
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 12:43:15 PM »

Don't take offence rjm, I am finding what you say interesting and will look forward to hearing what you say when you have the Deus. But most of all I will be interested to see if the finds rate improves and whether the machine will pay for itself. I'm not interested in sales pitch or looks, if the machine finds the goodies that others don't then that is the most important part to me.
Personally I can't afford the new machines but like to hear people's opinions of them.
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 06:49:32 PM »

No offence taken!!

I have used many machines and for some reason I just love the XP ones. Started with XP200, then Adventis, G-Maxx, Goldmaxx Power, then G-Maxx2.

The new Deus will be these machines rolled into one plus more.

They did the business for me and I've no doubt the Deus will too.

I think the E Trac will still be the better machine if you don't mind the weight and lack of cordless headphones, but I like lighter machines especially if doing a full days detecting. What you lose with one you gain with the other and vice versa. With the E T, to get the best out of it, you need to learn the tones which can take a while.

In a couple of months, when Minelab drop their prices, the E T will be a good buy.

Gazza

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 07:01:24 PM »

the battle  came to the end today,
the xp Deus 18ins on a 1euro coin
new  v300 dfx with dd coil deeper  not just another dfx better
my explorer XS  with new coil and my main mans phil (coleggwent for those that don't know him) his programme,
was top of the pops the number 1 the numro uno the bees knees dogs bol------s
crocadiles c--k top of the shop what more should i say
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 07:23:57 PM »

Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided WHEN WILL YOU LEARN GUYS SPENDING ALL THAT MONEY ON NEW DETECTOR  STICK WITH WHAT YOU GOT AND KNOW THE SHOPS LOVE YOU LOT  Cheesy ONCE A FOOL ALLWAYS A FOOL Wink

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 07:25:05 PM »

I can't honestly see Minelab dropping their prices, as it's them that have forced the now ridiculous prices up to where they are,
The little nips and tucks on the Explorer range with a price increase each time left nowhere for the Etrac to be priced other than above the SE PRO. Whites saw that people would pay that money and followed suit and now XP, Had Minelab not broken the £1000 ceiling I believe that Both the V3 and Deus would probably be on the market at £999.
Minelab blamed their high prices on r&r but how much development has gone into the Etrac over the original Explorer and as for processing power, the average mobile phone has 100 times more than any detector.
The dollar shouldn't come in to it as Minelab is assembled in Ireland from Australian and Asian parts.
Yes I have the Etrac and believe it is probably the best commercial vlf machine out there, but am I actualy finding more than I was 25 years ago with a Compass coin scanner.......um! no I don't think I am.
Gadget(Ian)

R.A.R.E. & F.I.D.Member.E trac User

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 07:27:11 PM »

I will stick we the e trac thank you and there is no logical argument i have seen on this forum to change my mind Wink Grin Grin Grin 

A bad days detecting is better than a good day at work.
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 07:53:59 PM »

ok rjm you got one on order  Huh they have not had a field test on one yet  Roll Eyes whats that all about they are at that price cos guys like you are buying them as soon as they come out if nobody paid that for them they would put the price down a load of hype again and again  Tongue

Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2009, 08:11:59 PM »

The right detector for me or for any new person on here starting out, is the one you can afford at the time. You can read up on detectors until you are blue in the face and come to the conclusion that the V3 or the E trac or the Platinumaxx G3000XX+Turbo but if you've only got £300 to spend then its all academic. I Personally dont see a huge casm of find quality, between the members on here with top of the range machines compared with the middle of the road machines. Put into the equation, suitability of search grounds, lack of land availability, lack of -- or good machine knowlege, time spent detecting, soil variables, exageration and imagination  Smiley    and I cant see how anyone can say that any particular machine is the best allrounder.

Just my opinion

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 08:45:07 PM »

well said taff thats what i say sick with what you got  Wink

Gadget(Ian)

R.A.R.E. & F.I.D.Member.E trac User

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2009, 08:51:30 PM »

got to walk over it taff how many times have we found coins on the surface. Grin Grin Grin

A bad days detecting is better than a good day at work.
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2009, 09:04:22 PM »

Yip , theres only so much a detector can do , the rest of it comes down to . Knowledge of your machine. How good your land is, and as Ian said , wether you walk over it.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal