Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: minelab se explorer for sale  (Read 7379 times)
mark barrett

« on: October 24, 2009, 08:42:20 PM »

Selling this explorer se in mint condition, comes  with coil cover. genuine minelab control box cover, recharge pod & charger, spare batt pod, instruction manual, andy sabisch book, brand new extended lower stem fitted and original box. selling as saving for new xp Deus.   £ 560 or nearest ..   

swing low, aim high
mark barrett

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 07:18:40 PM »

hello, my SE has been reduced to £500 ono,  Will chuck it on flea-bay if no takers.  C,mon its worth it you know.

swing low, aim high
Gadget(Ian)

R.A.R.E. & F.I.D.Member.E trac User

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 08:22:25 PM »

mark have a look at minelab owners site for the new xp Deus write up. not a very good write up from a respected member. Wink

A bad days detecting is better than a good day at work.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 08:31:14 PM »

Whiggy didn't write it, he just reposted it from another forum. the guy obviously has never used a top flight detector as they are all sparky over iron (if your using them properly). I don't really think that XP would of put all that money into something so different and forget the basics. That doesn't mean to say it will be any better than others on the market but his complaints are a bit lame.
Gadget(Ian)

R.A.R.E. & F.I.D.Member.E trac User

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 09:43:55 PM »

i looked one over last week geoff although the concept looks good i wouldnt like one. Roll Eyes

A bad days detecting is better than a good day at work.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 10:11:15 PM »

I've only seen one on you tube, my only concern is they don't look very sturdy (plastic) but I guess that's one of the trade off's for the weight. XP's have always made really good machines (although I;ve not had one as yet) and if nothing else it will wake Minelab up to what is possible on the weight front.
Gazza

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 09:35:50 AM »

Ihave seen and held the  Xp Deus and used one ' it is a very lite machine.
but if your a big strapping lad on a plouged feild most weekends i don't its going to last long.
the controls box which is the size of moble phone is held on the stem by a magnet. the machine has wifi and i always thought that magnets and wifi don't work. my laptop is wifi my iphone is  wifi and i get interferece just with other house hold items. the xp Deus has
only had feilds trails but it has it been tested at rallys with lots of deferent machines about.and lots more interfernce.
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 11:41:06 AM »

Yes the Deus does look very flimsy Sad think I,ll stick to my Goldmaxx  Wink definately the best machine to come out of the XP stable in my opinion  Wink definately not an allrounder though but in amongst the Iron it can,nt be beaten Wink foud two tiny fragments of an hammered silver halfpenny on saturday Shocked Geoff you must try one out  Cheesy you don,nt know what your missing Wink have a look at the video on youtube the celtic gold stater test comparing a a imne lab 4000 gxp pulse /thje minelab explorer SE and the /the Goldmaxx power  you,ll that it can beat the explorer on certain targets /sites  Wink Grin

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
mark barrett

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 06:24:16 PM »

NOW SOLD THANKS

swing low, aim high
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 08:00:05 PM »

I'll just put on a tin hat  Grin

Its been said over an over on this and other forums, why pay out such sums of dosh for these over priced tectors. Its not been proved that anything more than probably an inch is gained. Most of the great finds are found within range of the standard tector.

I recently sent a letter to minelab asking that that since they are advertising the e.trac has a 'even faster micropressor ', what size of microprocessor is installed in the se and explorer 11 models.

It was ignored !  Roll Eyes When most probably the processors are the same in all the models,  but each with different sounds and layout etc. yet charge a dam sight more for each supposed new model !

I wonder sometimes if we get too reliant on giz mo displays to tell us info, instead of listening to the tone in our ears.

The hobby will become the hobby of the elite with large wallets soon ! Grin

« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 08:03:24 PM by outlaw » Logged
Salty (Karl) Cardiff Scan Club

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 08:08:48 PM »

No tin hat needed here mate, i'm an E-trac user and i think your spot on, i put the pro coil on my old quattro, changed the default settings to that of the Safari, and low and behold, it was a different machine and oddly now almost as fast as the "new" safari recovery speed,,, Go figure!!

Never Mistake my Kindness for Weakness
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 09:35:31 PM »

Bet  you cant do it the other way round though lol (safari into an SE
16.5DD (richard)

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 11:24:24 PM »

well . i tested the xp Deus last month at a rally putting a hammy down near 10 inch.
it was picked up with my se but not with the xp ... but only a fraction of soil needed to be skimmed to get a signal  it 's well built not flimsy it robust for its size like a faithful stick so don't let the weight put you off.
selectable freq so you can get on the beach with one but think more on the lines of bad sites you pick a good freq and your on a winner .. downside should  have more freq to select from other than price its a craker for christmas boys and girls .
goldmaxx powers will be flying out on ebay cheap when the second batch goes out and orders get fulfilled .
minelab you better get cracking on machine to beat the Deus in technical performance but it will be deeper  ofcoarse.

you never know what lies below......

dreaming of detecting whilst............
detecting as there nothing else i would rather dooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 11:27:56 PM »

rich weres my digger  Cheesy

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 11:30:33 PM »

Hi Rich, im sure I sold you a Detech coil at Swansea marina 2yrs ago

Pages: [1]
  Print