Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: my ACE 250 was happy today  (Read 3995 times)
Passingclod(Andrew)

« on: November 15, 2009, 02:25:10 PM »

Hi
When i went ove rthe road this morning the day looked that it was going to be ok so decided to go down the beach with the wife and dog.Within 10 mins of walking on the beach the hevens opened up so we all rushed back to the car.
As we were sitting there drinking some coffee my wife spotted 3 detectorists on the beach,Porthcawl just infront of the fair,and the rain was chuking it down.
After about five mins it stopped so i went onto the sand looking for dry bits ha in the hope my ACE 250 would at least pick up something on the wet sand.
Alyson my wife found a 20p even tho she didnt have a detector so i went off and couldnt believe it when the detector went crazy.
As i dug and then sifted the sound it was making wasnt what id heard before
there in the sand on Porthcalw beach it found something it was designed to find
an AMERICAN DIME.
I know its not a huge find but it did make me laugh and i just thought that it made my American detector happy finding an American coin on a welsh beach
Cheers Andrew
150aceboy
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 06:29:10 PM »

Well done Andrew mate Smiley,
its amazing where they turn up, same happened to me a few months ago in Newton, had quite a few foreign coins , all found and dug within the same hole, i was amazed and delighted.
All the best
Ace  Wink
Passingclod(Andrew)

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 08:04:40 PM »

Hi
Cheers Paul.
you must be fairly local then having detected Newton Beach?Do you go to any other areas nearby and have you had any luck?

150aceboy
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 09:30:16 PM »

Hi Andrew mate,
Yes i am local , from Bryncethin, Nr. Bridgend, are you local mate.
Have only basically done Porthcawl, Newton, Aberavon, at present, hoping to do Swansea Bay one day.
As far as finds go mate, i have had a few pounds each time i visited Porthcawl and Newton, also had a couple of charms off necklace and bracelets, no Gold yet though mate  Cry
Aberavon was quite poor the last twice, as they had a JCB on beach digging and rolling the sand, give up in the end, it was a nightmare, they had dragged all the coke cans to the surface Sad
But because of the sand build up, i have give the beaches a miss at the moment, until it removes itself again, and put's the goddies within range.
A few good storms we need mate. Grin
In the mean time i have been out detecting with the LoveDoc, great fella, local as well, from Maesteg, we detected some woodland had a few coins each and some other bits and bobs, we're planing to do some farmland next, totally different to beach detecting , you can never tell what your going to find, very enjoyable mate.
Anyways Andrew Good Luck and Happy Hunting Mate, keep in touch and let us know what you find Wink
Ace  Wink
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 09:33:27 PM by 150aceboy » Logged
Passingclod(Andrew)

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 04:21:40 PM »

Hi
Im only down the road from you Paul in sunny Kenfig Hill.
Ive got some land to go onto but with work and the weather being bad plus the early dark nights i havnt had a chance to go onto them yet.
Like you say the beaches are quite high at the mo but its still fun wading through the rubbish(i dont know whats wrong with me)
Might bump into you one day or we could even have a Mini Rally and see what we find
Cheers Andrew
bigjase
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 05:24:43 PM »

That is amazing good find there mate
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 05:36:26 PM »

HI ANDREW.
WELLDONE FINDING THE DIME MATE.
I FOUND AN AMERICAN DIME ONCE ON TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN I THOUGHT THE SAME AS YOU HOW DID IT GET THERE.ITS OBVIOUS SOMEONE DROPPED IT ON THE MOUNTAIN BUT ON THE BEACH IT COULD HAVE COME ACROSS THE CHANNEL RIGHT FROM AMERICA MAKES YOU THINK DONT IT.
MY DIME HAD A INDIAN ON IT FULL HEAD DRESS.I STILL SHOW PEOPLE IT NOW
ANYWAY CRACKING FIND ANDREW.
RAY

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
bigjase
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 04:52:04 PM »

its amazing what you find washed up on the beach !

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal