Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: why upgrade ?  (Read 5559 times)
hedgehog
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 12:30:26 PM »

Some good advice there Brian, lots a machines now that give similar performance but the weight and sweep speed definitely makes a difference to the finds you make. I don't understand why with some it has to be really slow and with others the faster the better, I've got one of each and prefer the faster sweep speed because you cover more ground and make more finds without losing the depth to any extent.
sandpiper

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 11:09:12 PM »

Hi
you will definately need to upgrade if you want to detect wet sand for that you will need a detector that can handle the extreme positive salt mineralisation  such as the minelab range,soverign,explorer etrac or  fisher Cz range or pulse machines .Land is far more forgiving for detector performance and really getting to know your machine and what its saying to you will pay dividends.I agree with the other posts about speed ,weight ,ease of use etc but overall its important to have confidence in your machine - thats where joining a club ,seeing what others are using and finding is important - then you can judge its performance  and the confidence it gives you for yourself.
If you really enjoy the hobby and want to get the best out of it then its worth a little investement in the right machine for you. Its all a learning curve however the majority of hardened detectorists do plump for a major brand name machine at some stage - go to a rally and there you'll get lots of experience and advice. a look at all the detectors  and a comparison of finds.
hope this helps

you have to believe it to achieve it !!
TheLoveDoc

Garret Ace 250 Minelab Safari

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 06:55:24 AM »

Its good advice .... thanks all  Wink

1 Gold ring - returned to owner.
1 Silver belt ring.
1 copper hammered
2 Thimbles
1lb Cannon Ball
3 William Love Tokens
Debbie

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 09:23:47 AM »

I think that Sandpiper hits the nail right on the head with the words:
"but overall its important to have confidence in your machine"
I am 100% confident that if there is a target in the ground, within range, be it in land or on the beach, and I swing the search head over the target, the detector will make a signal.  All I have to do is go over it - as simple as that.
Of course, many factors influence the target being "in range" - how compact the soil is (especially for minelab users - the more dense, the better); if the soil is damp or dry; if the target is lying flat with a large surface area or on its' edge etc etc.
I think that is what a lot of the hunt is all about - being at the right place at the right time - and hopefully with goodies buried in the soil / sand. Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal