Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My faith in the Minelab god was shaken today  (Read 1475 times)
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« on: October 18, 2009, 08:22:31 PM »

Had the afternoon off and so had arranged to do a bit of detecting with a mate of mine, so packed up the etrac and X70 and headed for a new site that has a possible Roman settlement and a recorded Roman grave on it. unfortunately it had  for many years (at least 250) been an orchard and any of you that has searched one of these will know that they were the dumping ground of the farm and contain lots of iron contamination. Iron has never been the best friend of Minelabs but it just takes a bit more time. My mate turned up 1/2 an hour later and not that happy because his explorer se was still away for repair after slamming the car door on it, but he had his little back up machine which he had not used before today,
I must admit I had to restrain a laugh when I saw it was a C Scope 3mx, well boy did I have to rethink everything I believed, Oh yes.
Whilst not going as deep as either of the minelabs, it was practical blind to iron  the amount of ground he was covering was amazing and that little machine could give a positive signal (good target next to iron) when even the etrac just saw iron.
I think it is going on my xmas list especially for rallies. for just over £200 new it's a godsend.
Has anyone else ever used one???
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 08:51:47 PM »

Geoff !!! you,ve seen the light at last  Grin Minelab are not the be all and end all  Wink Grin as seventy percent of the detecting fratternity seem to think Grin Grin c=scope are very UNDERATED ;)metal detectors Wink

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
Jeb

from the N Wales Mountains

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 09:36:59 AM »

Yes because of the single Freq and 17 kHz it will find the small stuff amongst the iron. BUT no better a detector than the Goldmaxx or F75 could. They both excel in those conditions. But taking nothing away from the 3 MX ,its a capable little back up detector.
But where the Explorer drops a gear is ,in the compacted soil of pasture or Sand Then for depth it comes into a league of its own leaving the Single HighFrequencies standing. but you already know that. Grin
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:40:29 AM by Jeb » Logged

Heaven won`t take me, and Hells afraid I`ll take over.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal