Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coroners hearing questions . . .  (Read 3507 times)
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: February 01, 2009, 07:31:30 PM »

Can anyone out there help?

I have had a letter from the Coroners Officer asking if I want to attend the hearing on the Medieval silver/gilt ring I found.

Has anyone been to one of these?

Know the format?

Tell me what to expect, etc.

I would like to go, but work is on top, so it would mean rearranging stuff, which I can do if its worthwhile me attending.

A Treasure Act Virgin seeking advice. Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
hedgehog
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 05:03:21 PM »

I think it is just a matter of asking you what the circumstances were under which you found it and the archies give the date and the reason why it would come under the banner of treasure trove. It is worth going just for the experience but maybe you would want to wait for the next one  Grin
borderfox.1495

I HAVE FOUND MY FIELD OF DREAMS IN WALES

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 05:21:40 PM »

hi neil , you dont half to attend, they will go on without you and you will be notified of their decision, good luck to cardiff and see you soon john
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 07:54:24 PM »

HI Neil,
 Iv'e heard that their quite relaxed and informal if that helps,

simon c

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 09:28:21 PM »

Only ever attended one Treasure inquest Neil,as it was my first treasure find,i was curious to see what it involved.It was held in the local magistraits court so was a bit daunting if you hav'nt been through it before,you don't have to attend,and to be honest i think the out come is allready decided before hand,at least in my case i got that impression,all so worth knowing that the land owner can attend if they wish.
You will be asked to give an account of the circumstances of the find,location,whether you had permission,have you made an agreement over the sharing of the value of the find,what you would like to see happen to the find etc.
It's all so worth knowing that the press may be there,i did'nt realise that and details relating to the find spot were reported in the press which should'nt have been,so if you get change ask the coroner to instruct the press to report only at parish level,and not to give to many details away.It was not until i went through this process that i learned quite a few valuble lesson's,the main one being that when the word treasure comes up everyone wants it.
Hope this is of interest,it is an enlightnening process,and i would attend if you can,but if you can't then don't worry as i'm sure you'll have another one.  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 09:30:48 PM by simon c » Logged
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 09:58:06 AM »

hope you enjoyed the experience Neil,  its all an experiencxe and a learning kerb hey,
 now what was that paper now, hmmm i must get that  lol
Alan

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal