Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie - Detectorists in the Bridgend area please.........  (Read 8054 times)
150aceboy
« on: October 17, 2009, 02:09:51 PM »

Hi all,  I'm new to the site and have only been metal detecting for a few months, so please bare with me.
I have been wondering if there are any detectorists from the Bridgend area, which is where I'm from, would like a detecting partner, as i haven't a clue of where to go. I have been to my local beaches, such as Porthcawl, Newton, etc, had a few £s, etc, but would love to try some different sites.
I have visited many farms and asked permission , the answer always has been  NO , they allready have detectorists on their land, got a bit danted now.
So if anyone in my area wouldn't mind me tagging along and make a new detector friend, then please let us know, here's hoping Paul Smiley
tiacraig
Rally attendee

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 07:50:30 PM »

when do u go out 2 any gd places we could on
neil0748
Rally attendee

Love flying drones

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 11:55:25 AM »

I'm from Bridgend too and looking to team up with someone and I'm a newbie as well
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 02:51:58 PM »

Welcome to Dw, always keep asking you will find out you get loads of no but you will get a yes from a farmer. Hh.Nap
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 07:33:17 PM »

Hi ya 150 Aceboy,dont get despondent about getting permissions,its quite difficult for us all.
I look at it this way,if someone told you that in a row of a hundred houses,someone in one of those houses will offer you a top of the range metal detector,all you have to do is visit every onedont miss out any houses,n other words,find out every farmer / landowner in your area,and visit every one on your list,dont miss out any one of your prospects,and yes you will get a heck of a lot of refusals,but just keep on and one prospect will say YES !!!...once you've got one you can still go on asking,and once you get to know your Farmer/landowner,you can then ask him if he would mind giving you a mention to a neighbouring farmer..... DON'T GIVE UP..... Persistents page....good luck,and good hunting 👍
neil0748
Rally attendee

Love flying drones

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 02:56:10 PM »

Hi 150 Aceboy there is a WW2 rifle range along Newton Beach Porthcawl with plenty of bullet casings and shrapnel,i haven't visited it yet but will be going there soon for a dig

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal