Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what ive been offered  (Read 5621 times)
hunter_2000_uk
Rally attendee

« on: October 14, 2009, 02:35:58 PM »

ok i have been offered a laser power max £220
laser b1 £200
laser b3 £225
fisher 1266x pro £250
what are your thoughts and suggestions.
do i leave them all alone or do i take one.
all help and info welcome.
i want a good machine that goes quite deep, something light and something that is going to serve me well for a while
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 04:05:11 PM »

Really it all depends on where your going to do most of your detecting , Land or Beach ? i'm selling my Laser Hawkeye , cos i do a bit of both and the hawkeye ain't no good on the beach , but great on land

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
zorro
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 05:15:18 PM »

i agree with mike you need to think where youre gonna use it. if you plan on beach forget a laser/tesoro.
if you have those prices in mind id personally look for a 2nd hand Sovereign good machines on beach or land but they are heavier than laser's will this be a problem for you?
do you specifically NEED a light weight machine, due to illness etc?
specify your needs, land/beach or both, and what area you live.(some whites models ive been told arent too clever on high mineralisation soils).
price your looking to spend.
hunter_2000_uk
Rally attendee

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 05:43:42 PM »

i will not be doing any beach work, i live in herefordshire.
zorro
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 05:56:35 PM »

then i would say a laser/tesoro would be a good buy mate.
you might find a pm to ukbrian  would pay dividends. he'll give you the low down on each model
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 04:36:23 PM »

I was thinking there all a bit on the old side especially the Fisher that you might not be able to get repaired as its a pre take over model.

All the Lasers were great machines but the prices you quote seem very high. I thought I was pushing it a bit asking for £160 or was it £170 for my XP 200.

If your thinking of keeping the machine and adding a different coil then you need to have a ground balance to get the best out of different coils, and the fact you might have some bad ground knocks out the B3 and possibly the Power as I think they dropped the ground balance off that initially though you could have an upgrade. Hopefully an ex Laser owner could advise on this as I can't really remember anything apart from an ugly blanking panel appearing on the control box.
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 06:00:12 PM »

The four machines you mentioned are all old models the lasers being good inland preformers in their day  Wink were vnot the deepest of machines out of the lasers the powermax 11 is the most recent machine the fisher 1266x is one to stay away from I,ve owned one of these their a bloody magnet never dug so much Iron in my life  Sad I,ve also owned a laser b1 high power and powermax11 and my friend has a laser b3 if you want good Iron rejection lightness and reasonable recovery speed the c-scope cmx3 / Laser trident 1+2 /xp 150 +250 /whites prism4 are all good preformers at a reasonable the last three are operating at lower frequency and more prone to electrical interferance from powerlines etc  Sad hope this helps you Huh good luck Wink

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
hunter_2000_uk
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 09:20:14 PM »

ok i am now at a loss, what would you recommend, i am willing to spend about £3-£400.
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 09:23:00 PM »

plenty of minelabs on flea bay for that price

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
Malcolm.mtts

Every Day is a Lovely Day

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 11:08:18 PM »

I own a lazer and a minelab sovereign but always end up using the minelab..

Advantage of the lazer is that it is very light and you can swing it all day long but saying that, I use a hip mount and bungee on my minelab and I can swing that all day long and have far better results and much deeper finds.

As stated, the sovereigns appear often on ebay and you will not be sorry if you buy one.

Probably the best second hand machine money can buy and within your price range.

Every Day is a Lovely Day
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 03:42:12 PM »

If Minelab are going to or have stopped repairs for ten year old machines then loads of the secondhand Sovereigns don't seem a good bet.

There's a post on another forum and some agreeing that the C-Scope 3MX isn't to hot on iron reject. Supposedly they were contacted re this and said it wasn't designed to deal with iron, even nails, larger than coin sized !

I would check out near new Lasers or even the Tesoro Vaquero which can be hyper tuned to the performance of the Tejon. Or the XP Goldmax Mk 1. The Mk 1 XP Adventis would also be my choice over the later 150/250 models.

Don't forget multifrequency has a price to pay in not likeing air in the soil or a fast sweep speed. If on a ploughed or ploughed and rolled field a faster sweep single frequency detector will let you cover much more ground.
hunter_2000_uk
Rally attendee

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 06:01:49 PM »

thanks Brian for your knowledge i have been looking at the Tesoro Vaquero and it looks a decent allrounder, i will have a read up on it and get back to you with a few possible questions.
thanks again.
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 07:40:13 PM »

Hello Smiley Hunter 2000 uk the tesoro vaquero is the american equivelent of the laser trident 11both manufactured by tesoro differant decals and supposedly slightly preformance parameters  Huh I,ve owned a trident 11 myself a very light and powerful machine with very good Iron rejection and sensitivity to the smaller hard to detect finds Wink wish I kept it in fact contemplating getting another you won,nt go far wrong with either of these machines  Wink good luck bud Wink

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
benny

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 10:06:46 PM »

I'm also in Herefordshire and use a Tesoro Tejon and seem to find cut halfpennies and quarters with it so it can't be doing me too badly mate! Oh,and bloody .177 air rifle pellets you find yourself digging too! Bought mine for £240 off e-bay. My third signal as I was testing it out was a cut halfpenny in woodland so I got off to a good start with it.
Hope this helps.
Ben.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal