Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: site research  (Read 1947 times)
waltonbasinman
« on: January 29, 2009, 10:23:49 PM »

Just wondered if anybody else did much research before getting permission to detect. i have attached a copy of a aerial photo of a site that was detected for a period of time over a two week period as part of an archaeological investigation a couple of years ago. the site turned out to be second century romano british farm and workshops where they appeared to be working iron as one of the major industries of the site. Found all the usual bone, pot, etc, etc, but nothing with the detectors except hop wire. This i felt would be a sure fire banker for good finds. Normally i look at old maps, county smr, internet aerial photo sites, landscape investigation and research a lot of differant avenues before seeking permission and it will 95% deliver the results. Be interesting to know what some of you guys and gals do prior to investigation.
KANE (DES)

RARE,FID

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 09:06:37 PM »

HI WB myself i no longer do research if it has a history i will detect the area i found on many occasions after research i have found nothing in the area then after moving out side the research area i have found coin after coin  all the best DES

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal