Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: frustration !!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3377 times)
waltonbasinman
« on: January 25, 2009, 10:18:45 AM »

After 8 weeks with the worst lurgy imaginable finally got out two weeks ago and this was my find of the day a George 111 silver shilling. Trouble is after returning to the fray the very next day i slip on ice in the dark and put the olympic figure skating team to shame with impossible manouvores and have spent the last two weeks with a right hip that feels like it has been put in backwards. FRUSTRATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Angry Angry Angry
bymatt666 (byron)
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E.member

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 10:17:51 PM »

i found my george 3rd shilling on a club dig near andover 4 years ago...it was my first silver coin ! the asterix mark in his neck is due to his coins being defaced because he was so unpopular !...byron
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 10:20:30 PM by bymatt666 » Logged

i'd give up chocolate....but i'm no quitter !
minelab explorer xs
NCMD member
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 11:53:27 PM »

Hi Paul and Byron

Nice coins Gentlemen !
Ive got a defaced George the 111 In my Coin collection not a Detector find I.ll scan it tomorrow and post it here.

Ive never been able to find out why he was so unpopular maybe someone could enlighten me .

It might be he took 20 years to beat the French or that he lost us the Americas (no loss there lol) Tongue

regards
Phil Jones
KANE (DES)

RARE,FID

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 01:27:06 AM »

Get well soon WD and get back in them fields the coins are waiting for you  DES                             
Jeb

from the N Wales Mountains

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 01:10:59 PM »

My sympathies to you M8. I slipped in my back yard on that Green slime that gets all over the place after wet conditions. My both feet went from underneath me and i fell like a sack of Spuds heavily. I lay there thinking "i bet i`ve broke my hip" but a few mins later i decided after feeling very uncomfortable lying in wetness ,to attempt to get up. As luck would have it ,i managed , and thought well i havn`t broke my hip anyway or i wouldn`t be able to stand, But i know how you feel as i felt terrible for the next few days.

Heaven won`t take me, and Hells afraid I`ll take over.
bymatt666 (byron)
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E.member

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 10:00:35 PM »

phil..re-why george 3rd was unpopular...the reasons iv'e been told are...before the days of elected governments,the monarch installed his friends/cronies in positions of authority.....apparently the person he had as our american ambassador gave the land back to the americans....that did'nt go down too well in britain and made george very unpopular so people defaced his coins with whatever implements they had....some had their own recognisable tool...asterix, etc...just like todays "tags" seen on graffitti on our walls,trains etc...i'm sure this is not true in every detail....but it's the only reason i know....byron...... Undecided

i'd give up chocolate....but i'm no quitter !
minelab explorer xs
NCMD member
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 11:46:10 PM »

Thanks for the info Byron

I dont know why anyone would be upset about loosing the Americas .

lol
jaydogg
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 02:15:15 PM »

The coin looks quite worn so..chances are it was 'defaced' after his reign...Just a thought.  George was guite a popular monarch as far as I am aware.  I found one of these a few weeks back, always a pleasure to find.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal