Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: pinpointing  (Read 7429 times)
digger

« on: October 31, 2008, 11:27:14 AM »

I,ve got the t75,and having a lot of probs.as I keep digging larger holes than I should.
I,ve had some input in the past from Fisher users,but my problem persists.
( NOTE MY USER NAME) Anyone out there to help me out Please,Please,Please.
How do I centralise my target???        Digger 
maxine
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 05:16:58 PM »

Hi Stan,  Smiley Look at your coil, there is a small circle just in front of where the stem meets the coil, that is where your target will be, wish I could show you, you'd get it in no time. Let me know how your doing Stan.
ps theres a pinpointing feature on the machine, but I have never used it. Pull the trigger forward and the machine is in pinpoint mode.
digger

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 12:49:43 PM »

Thanks Maxine, you have told me about this previously, but it went in one ear and
out again. Must be having senior moments.  Stan
maxine
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 12:19:15 PM »

your welcome Stan.  Smiley
Joka
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 03:11:34 PM »

Hi Digger
I don't ever use the pinpoint feature, instead, once I find a target, I "X" it and get a mental picture in my head where the center of the target is. Works 90% of the time, sometimes, if it's a big greenie on edge or slanted, this way won't work. Also, I just got the FX1 pinpointer and it works great when something is on the side of the hole. Practice will get ya better!  Smiley Good luck
Junkman

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 03:52:40 PM »

Mark a white Blob in the centre of the coil as a reference point. Being Oval, the centre can be deceptive.

Push the pinpoint trigger forward and using the rotary knob, reduce the pinpoint sensitivity to about 20 or less. You can pinpoint down to an inch now Cool

Teknetics T2 - C Scope R1 - Laser Trident 2 - Pinpoint Probe - Spade - Wellies
One man on a mission to find and record the history of our great nations last 60 years of discarded,useless metallic Junk. So far i'm doing really really well.
digger

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 10:30:03 AM »

Thanks Junkie, I,ll give it a try at Blackwood on Sunday. Cheers, STAN   Grin Grin
mark barrett

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 07:33:09 PM »

hi mate, Ive got the t2 and at first i was a bit off pinpointing, I mearsured to get the centre of the coil and put on a small drop of tipex, it hasnt worn off and i can see dead centre of coil.

swing low, aim high
Junkman

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 11:08:21 AM »

hi mate, Ive got the t2 and at first i was a bit off pinpointing, I mearsured to get the centre of the coil and put on a small drop of tipex, it hasnt worn off and i can see dead centre of coil.

This is what I did. The shape of the coil and where the stem joins it makes you percieve the centre to be somewhere 'off centre' if that makes sense. With a Polo coil  it's dead easy to see the centre.

As well as a Blob of white in the TRUE centre, a blob on the edge of the coil either side of centre also helps.

Teknetics T2 - C Scope R1 - Laser Trident 2 - Pinpoint Probe - Spade - Wellies
One man on a mission to find and record the history of our great nations last 60 years of discarded,useless metallic Junk. So far i'm doing really really well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal