Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: famous peoples quotes  (Read 5518 times)
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 10:24:30 AM »

My favourite has been at the bottom of every message since day one. Please see below!

Neil Wink

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
DATA311(Alan)

THE BREAM MACHINE F.I.D.

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 10:31:03 AM »

On another night, they'd have won 2-2.

Well, Clive, it's all about the two M's - movement and positioning.

For me their biggest threat is when they get into the attacking part of the field.

Ron Atkinson

Nil illegitimi Carborundum
DATA311(Alan)

THE BREAM MACHINE F.I.D.

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 10:35:48 AM »

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.
-- Dick Van Dyke

Women have a passion for mathematics. They divide their age in half, double the price of their clothes, and always add at least five years to the age of their best friend.
-- Marcel Achard

DATA311(Alan)

THE BREAM MACHINE F.I.D.

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 10:40:04 AM »

I was sued by a woman who claimed that she became pregnant because she watched me on television and I bent her contraceptive coil.
-- Uri Geller

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-- Albert Einstein

Malcolm.mtts

Every Day is a Lovely Day

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »

"We're going to have the best educated American people in the world." Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/21/97

"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history." Governor George W. Bush, Jr.

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made." Governor George W. Bush, Jr. to Sam Donaldson, 8/17/93

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe." Governor George W. Bush, Jr.

"Public speaking is very easy." Governor George W. Bush, Jr. to reporters

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican" Governor George W. Bush, Jr.

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls." Governor George W. Bush, Jr.

"When I have been asked who caused the riots and the killing in LA, my answer has been direct & simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame. George W. Bush, Jr.

"Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it." ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 5/20/96

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur." Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/22/97

"For NASA, space is still a high priority." Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/5/93

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children." Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/18/95

"The American people would not want to know of any misquotes that George Bush may or may not make." Governor George W. Bush, Jr.

"We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made." Governor George W. Bush, Jr.

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." Governor George W. Bush, Jr.

"[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system." Governor George W. Bush, Jr.

Every Day is a Lovely Day
zorro
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 05:26:58 PM »

Mal i think george "dubya" bush would fill a web site on his own !
thanks for the contributions guys ive enjoyed reading them.
some that mke you stop and think and others that just give you a laugh.
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 05:45:00 PM »

I MAY BE DRUNK MADAM , BUT IN THE MORNING I WILL BE SOBER, HOWEVER YOU WILL STILL BE UGLY

SIR WINSTON CHURCHILL

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
waltonbasinman
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2009, 08:35:15 PM »

How Much !!!!!, No you can,t have it. My missus 2005 to present.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin
zorro
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2009, 10:10:16 PM »

nice one millsy !
mike there is a famous exchange between winston churchill and Lady astor that goes
"Winston, if I were your wife I'd put poison in your coffee."
Whereupon Winston said, "Nancy, if I were your husband I'd drink it."   
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2009, 04:59:41 AM »

yes Kev the "drunk & ugly" quote is also from a conversation with Lady Astor,,,,,me thinks they didn't like each other

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2009, 09:04:39 AM »

Last words od a Confederate General in the American Civl War. Major General Sedgewick said

"What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Although ashamed, his men continued to flinch and he repeated

"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Just seconds later he fell forward with a bullet hole below his left eye.
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2009, 06:42:10 PM »

NICE ONE THANKS FOR THAT SKINNY BUD    Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

2 RABBITS TALKING ....... 1ST SAYS   WHEN YOU SEE A CAR COMING  GET BETWEEN THE HEADLIGHTS AND DUCK DOWN   THE CAR WILL PASS OVER YOU

2ND   ON HIS  DEATHBED ,,,,,,,,,,   YOU NEVER SAID ABOUT  RELIALT ROBINS  Cheesy Cheesy

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal