Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where would we be without computers?  (Read 2776 times)
hedgehog
« on: January 20, 2009, 04:48:10 PM »

Must admit I didn't even start to use one until the kids had left school, (bought one for them but never had the opportunity or inclination to use it) Wouldn't be without it now!
Bought a new printer scanner today, an upgrade from my old one which kept snatching the paper (whatever the setting) and thought it would be straightforward to install, wrong; it took 2 1/2 hours. Installed it all but wouldn't print, checked everything I could think of , made it default printer etc; in the end I decided to uninstall it and try again. Had a bit of a eureka moment and uninstalled anything that had HP (make of it) on it from my old printer, cleared the decks and it worked, Yesss!
You computer boffs are much admired but for a self-learner it's a real triumph to overcome glitches , given time of course! Smiley
Do you love 'em or hate 'em?
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 07:47:42 PM »

ha ha,  all thses things are sent to try us hey.
 i used to say i'd never use one or get one too,  but then i packed in entering garden competitions,  winning too much and causing jealousey lol,

i had to find something to fill the void, i used to do research on my finds down at the library, when they heard what i was doing they invited me to go on a basic beginers coarse for the over 50s,  free too,  so thats what i did,
 then used the libraries computors for free,

then my daughter came home for a while with hers, so i set it up for her online and she said i could use hers,

had to get my own second hand one then when she moved back out.
 i haven't looked back since.
 Alan

KANE (DES)

RARE,FID

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 09:41:43 PM »

HI ALAN i was nagged by phil and my daughter never thought i.d ever get to use one but here i am only had one a few months and have had to learn from scratch but its been well worth itall the best DES
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 09:58:19 PM »

yeah,  proud of you Des, well done mate,. things are not to easey to learn when you get a bit older, i', not saying your old mind,  lol , but in general,  phhhhoo, youv'e done well too,   you'll be learning all the time,  good that Phil is there too to help you along,   what a nightmare it must be by ones self,
 See you tomorrow Night Des.
 All the best
 Alan

KANE (DES)

RARE,FID

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 10:07:22 PM »

Thanks alan i needed a lift mate as for phil and my daughter i could not have got where i am now all the best DES
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 12:11:32 AM »

ahhhhhhhhh Shucks Des i dont know what to say ! Grin

Im not exactly from the computer age being 44 but i cant see how anyone of any age can be with out a computer.
I signed up with AOL when it cost 1p a minute hard to believe now isnt it.
I for one would never like to be without a computer look at the wealth of advice and information available just a few keys away.

I think the computer is just as important as a detecting tool as the Detector it self, the amount of books you would need to look up finds would fill the national Libuary 10 times over all we need to do is .........google it lol

See you two Gentlemen Tomorrow at the AGM
all the very best
Phil

simon c

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 06:59:20 PM »

I'd definately agree with Phill,being on the internet has opened a hole wealth of information,any question i have about detecting i can find the answer on the computer,years ago when i used to buy detecting books it cost a fortune,yet you can get all the info of the net more or less free Grin
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 10:05:06 PM by simon c » Logged
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 08:21:42 PM »

ohhh what a difference,  soooo easey to hey, lots of stuff comes up at your command,

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal