Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: XP Deus  (Read 16692 times)
Hugo Falck
Rally attendee

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 01:57:02 PM »

The Pulse Devil Nemisis should be in the country near the end of October so if the discrimination problem has really been cracked it will be the deep one. The Deus (God)'s use of four frequencies doesn't guarantee good depth and the wireless design could lead to EMI problems as it did with the last wireless coil design.

Its a lot of money to spend to be a prototype tester. If you have your own sites why rush to pay the highest price and find a Mk 2 version is not far behind ?

It doesnt run all 4 frequensies at the same time! You can select between 8/12/18 kHz.
The 4 kHz is for the optional cache additional equipment.
romano-brit

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 02:30:39 PM »

ok so whos gonna rush out and get 1 then? there must be sumone on here that has to have the latest machine?

2011/2012 Finds

Roman silver: 2/0
Hammies: 7/1
Milled silver: 17/0
Gold artifacts: 1/0
Gold coins: 0/0
StumbledUpon

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 03:01:29 PM »

Yes I have read that its only one frequency at a time, Sad Thats put a different light on it for me!!! Sad
Hugo Falck
Rally attendee

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 06:23:56 PM »

Yes I have read that its only one frequency at a time, Sad Thats put a different light on it for me!!! Sad

For me, opposite point of view... I dont like the sounds in the multifrequent machines, and mainly i like it fast with high frequency, but sometimes i miss lower frequency cause of heavy mineralized soil.
What worries me the most is the batteries, but since it have got the usb emergency charger that uses common penlightbatteries(20 min charge- 4-5 hours runtime) i guess it will be no probs.
And remember this is 4 "real" frequensies sender/reciever (like the V3) not like other multifrequenciy machines who`ve got only a single reciever.
However, i`ll be sitting on the fence for a while... My GMP havent got any worse cause of these new generation detectors, winter arrives soon, and havent got that money in my budget.... yet.
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 07:40:48 PM »

Hi Hugo

I'm the same as you, I prefer the single frequency machines.

I believe you're quite right, Minelab give the impression that 28 frequencies are sent out
and 28 received. It's misleading.

I've had the XP Goldmaxx Power and G-Maxx 1 and 2, as well as the Adventis and 200. They have the
best build quailty of any metal detector I've ever used, and the cordless headphones were simply
amazing.

I don't think that Alain would rush out a mchine that hadn't been fully tested and that he was 100%
happy with as it would damge the reputation that XP have deservedly established.

I will wait until Regton have them in stock and see what price they are selling them for and how the
interest free works out per month.

I'm using the Golden Mask3+ at the moment and pleased with it. The G-Maxx 2 was my favourite
and the GM3 is every bit as good.

I just can't get my head around Minelab bringing out the E Trac without cordless headphones built
in. That and the weight issues were a couple of things that put me off.

XP Deus looks amazingly light and with cordless headphones alone, it's off to a flyer straight away.
Doesn't bother me that you have to manually switch frequencies. The only advantage I can see is that
multi-frequencies are excellent at ignoring hot rocks/coke.

Christmas is coming up.............may be on my Christmas list !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL Cheesy

StumbledUpon

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2009, 07:50:05 PM »

I see what your saying Hugo/rjm, but I thought it would have been at least dual, cant see it being anything of a beach detector with just the single frequency.
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2009, 07:53:20 PM »

Why do you need more than one frequency to do the beaches?

The 4khz is deep and copes with mineralised ground.

Real detectoring is done in fields.............not modern stuff on a beach !!!  Smiley

StumbledUpon

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2009, 08:04:31 PM »

Some people like beach detecting rjm Roll Eyes I have used the ADX100 on the beach, also the explorer, sovereign and CZ, I dont need to say how the ADX100 compared  Grin Grin
But thanks for the advice, better get out and do some "Real" detecting. Grin Grin Wink
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2009, 08:08:38 PM »

Nothing compares to finding a medieval, Roman or Saxon object.

Don't know if your likely to find many of these on a beach!!

Having said that I wouldn't say no to a nice 18/22 carat gem encusted ring - which I'm
more likely to find on a beach. They say variety is the spice.

Hugo Falck
Rally attendee

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 04:49:51 AM »

Deus at the beach: http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/xpforum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 04:12:04 PM »

Maxine I hope your right but I can't see them killing their own sales by upgrading the software over the web.

The switchable frequency thing is nothing, new Minelab and Compass did it years ago pre BBS and FBS.
Richard Dodds (British) did away with wires years back so nothing new there.

Its supposed to fill the "wet sand " gap in the XP range and I've no doubt it will get you on the wet but at the suggested price it has to be good and the comments re detecting over flat sand suggests that pulse and multifrequency will still be the ones to beat.

One other consideration is the coils. If you have a captive market you can charge what you want. I wonder if there will be some patent that will block third party manufacturers from developing their own coils ?
StumbledUpon

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 07:40:33 AM »

Thanks for the link Hugo  Smiley
Hi Brian, not 100% on the software updates, just reading snippets about the spec.
Are you doing the testing of the Pulse Devil Brian, that sounds very interesting as well? Smiley
U.K. Brian

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2009, 11:12:14 AM »

Testing ? Well if all goes well and its not another abort situation.

Just had one of our American cousins over with two new machines which we should be getting soon and there's six new and newish machines, one from Bulgaria (the LTC 48) and five from Poland. That means around 11 Polish machines in a couple of years ! 
Mart
Rally attendee

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2009, 09:42:35 PM »

Brian, the American friends would they have anything to do with a LTD version of current models??
U.K. Brian

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2009, 10:31:13 AM »

Yes, but its going to be an expensive upgrade the way the pound is going and you will really have to have the Fisher version to get the full benefit.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal