Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tejon v F75 & T2  (Read 9256 times)
Titus Pullo
Rally attendee

« on: September 27, 2009, 10:44:24 PM »

Hi,
Not too long ago everyone was "raving" about the Tesoro Tejon which achieved legendary status with the help of many magazine articles and Gary's detecting web site. Even books were even written about the Tejon. Then the Fisher F75 and Teknetics T2 arrived on the detecting scene and they now seem to have stolen the show.
What i want to know is how does the Tesoro Tejon compare up against the other two. Is it as deep seeking. I know the Tejon does not have the digital display meter etc, but apart from that does the Tejon still live up to its nickname the "animal" when compared against the F75 and T2.
I am very interested because if the Tejon can still hold its ground, then i may buy one because there seems to be a lot of Tejons for sale these days secondhand in the £300 quid range. The F75 and T2, I notice are very expensive at the moment even secondhand. I suppose this will continue until something new comes along and "out-hypes" them, which is what they seem to have done to the Tesoro Tejon.
Regards,
Titus Pullo

Search till ya Drop!!
Uses Minelab Exp SE & SEF 15x12 coil
XP Deus
Pembs Prospectors Society member
Pembs Prospectors Website Officer
hedgehog
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 06:20:43 AM »

Before I got the T2 I had a Tejon and thought it was the bees knees, I found many really nice items with it. Discrimination is very good with it, dual discrim so you need to set each to your preferences. I had the standard coil and a 10inch double d which I used on the machine all of the time, it was a very good machine but I found that as soon as I had the T2 I never used it again. If the tejon had a meter then I never would have moved to the T2 but now I have I am glad that I did.
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 03:03:41 PM »

The drawback was that its response to items of different conductivity varied. So could be very good on a coin of one metal and not so hot on a coin of different metal of the same size. Some found it difficult to ground balance.

I preferred the Troy Shadow at the time though it has its own drawbacks but if you want to spend £300 or less its still a good buy. Hype and fashion seem to rule in detecting.

Jeb

from the N Wales Mountains

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 07:34:30 AM »

The F75 is a cracking detector. It has very good depth capabilities and sensitivity is probably the ultimate required. Its recovery speed is superb in finding thin hammered in amongst the iron ,i`d put its recovery speed on a par with the goldmaxx if not faster even.
 Its light enough to swing for hours without fatigue , But in order to "Learn" how to get the best from it, perseverance ,and a good understanding of detecting is required .It has many quirks in its discrimination settings that do not comply with conventional discrimination setting , so a lot of reading up on how this detector can function is required to use it fully to its ability.
 Of course you CAN use it in a basic setting ,and it will still work satisfactorily , but to get the best out of it needs working at with the right knowledge.
 Working in all metal with the F75 i found best for me .

Heaven won`t take me, and Hells afraid I`ll take over.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal