Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Xp adventis 2  (Read 7271 times)
trys
« on: September 25, 2009, 12:58:26 PM »

Does anybody have any experience with this machine? Looking for a machine to accompany my T2 that might get a bit more depth on pasture sites.
Cheers
Trys
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 01:29:28 PM »

I,ve owned the next model down the adx250 which is virtually the same machine with about an inch at the most less depth but it,s a lot cheaper to buy they are deep machines on pasture etc but they don,nt like working near powerlines both have very good discrimination properties having a two step system in setting one this eliminates Iron from nails upwards setting two then expands this to cover silver paper etc sold mine now use an explorer 11 it,s a lot deeper but no so easy to use hope this helps  Huh good luck Wink

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 02:39:12 PM »

The Adventis was the original XP that made the company name in France long before the Goldmaxx appeared. At one point you could even choose to have a metal cased version. Good machines that were improved with the move to the Mk II versions but I far as I understand the difference between the 200 and Adventis I and the 250 and Adventis II is the addition of the external ground control. So if you had either of the cheaper versions you could upgrade them to the Adventis specification easily. A few people have said they didn't feel they had gained from upgrading. If their 200 or 250 was set internally to the conditions in their area then little improvement would be apparant. If you working varying ground types the ground control could be vital

The Adventis is intended for pasture but if you want more depth you could consider the MXT with a SEF coil. The two seem to match up well to give real depth and as the MXT hasn't been improved since its launch you could get an older one fairly cheaply and put the balance of your cash towards a SEF coil. If you take the XP route you will pay more to get a Mk II (with its better ground filtering over the Mk 1), not have the ground tracking of the Whites and will soon feel you will need a larger coil.
trys
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 07:27:23 PM »

Thanks guys. Mole, I have been toying with the idea of getting an explorer, but i prefer switch on and go machines, and don't think I could put up with all the tones they make ..prefer a machine that goes beep beep Cheesy. Brian I sold my MXT to get the T2 which I find a fair bit deeper, although I never had the SEF on mine.
Think i'm going to hang on for the next couple of months to see if anything new comes out (rumour has it that XP are coming out with a new detector!), or see how the new F75/T2's turn out. Otherwise i'll look out for a used adventis and slap on a bigger coil Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal