Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: DetectingWales.com - Rally Number Ten - Llantwit. The Bronze Age Rally!+Video!  (Read 24081 times)
waltonbasinman
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2009, 01:39:24 PM »

More Rob More, More love it. The anticipation and suspense brilliant.
1morecoin
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2009, 04:42:40 PM »

Well I'll be damned, found up by the road,  Shocked I would never have found them as I keep away from the road due to the cans and rubbish thrown over the hedge by passers by, maybe a rethink is in order  Undecided
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2009, 05:11:09 PM »

i injoyed that rob that was good what are you doing steve with them coat hangers neils face was a scream he was dieing to laught well done steve on the find over the moon for you  Cool and kev looked as if he was in shock  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 05:12:48 PM by coleggwent(phil) » Logged

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2009, 05:32:43 PM »

great day out on sunday at the rally,nice to meet new people iv not meet before, nice to meet CARDIFF BATS,CRAZYFACH (mike) and thanks a lot NICK for letting me have a go at your camera Wink it was great to be there seeing the axeheads found by STEVE KING well done again to you for finding them a dream come true, this is what our great hobby is all about,thanks 1morecoin for getting the land for us all as well,weather great and a great atmosphere as well  Grin nice to meet up with the old guard as well .some photos to look at to ;)well done everyone on your finds as well.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 05:36:01 PM by CASA-DOS (kev) » Logged
Kev
Superhero Member

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2009, 05:37:02 PM »

few more Wink Grin
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 05:40:56 PM by CASA-DOS (kev) » Logged
1morecoin
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2009, 05:41:53 PM »

How deep were they? the hole looks like it could be used in the film at the earths core 2
Mind you the farmers son did say that at one point he was worried he was going to lose his tractor Grin
Kev
Superhero Member

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2009, 05:41:54 PM »

couple more Wink Grin
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2009, 05:49:29 PM »

COME ON ROBERTO ,,,, YOU CANT LEAVE IT LIKE THAT BUD  WHERES PART  2  Huh Huh   IM SURE  EVERYONES ON THE EDGE OF THEIR SEATS ,,, LOOK AT TAFF DIGGING ,,,,,  3 MINS INTO THE FILM .....   HES LIKE A SPANIEL  ON   SPEED   Grin Grin Grin

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
waltonbasinman
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2009, 06:14:25 PM »

With you on this one Digga. Come on Rob I,m down to the knuckles.  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Malcolm.mtts

Every Day is a Lovely Day

« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2009, 06:16:57 PM »

But where were the 2 dogs ?

With my sound turned off to begin with I thought that Rob was trying to teach the dogs how to dig holes. Did you notice how fast he was? The dogs would have been jealous of his actions.... LOL

Every Day is a Lovely Day
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2009, 06:50:17 PM »

After i watched the vid i realised, that was the area i was working earlier,, trying to figure out my hawkeye ,,,, just one step to the right or left and there by the grace of god it could have been me,,,,,, congratulations,  Grin Grin Grin Grin Steve, i'm over the moon for you, glad they got found. Grin Grin

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
Passingclod(Andrew)

« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2009, 06:50:56 PM »

hi
Thanks to everyone that made for a great day out.Great company  ,great location and fantastic weather made it all the more fun.
Looking forward to the next  rally and i think i must have caught the bug.
Cheers Andrew
DIG IT! (ADIE)

X-TERRA 70 user explorer 11

« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2009, 07:04:38 PM »

Great video taff  enjoyed every minute of it and well done taff for getting stuck in Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Wink

Heavy metal nut that digs loads of iron
Bob

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2009, 08:17:22 PM »

One of the best rallies yet and a great thrill to see the axes greet the light of day after what must be around 3000 years!
Here's my bunch of finds, from top let I think I have the top of a spoon (shows filigree working) - old lump of lead (I like finding old lead with that white patina on it, usually means its pretty old) - furniture fitting? - 3 coins, one is an Irish penny, smallest is 1882 halfpenny - small brass thingy? - lead shot - furniture fitting? - a poxy button that when came up I thought was a gold coin... meh... however it does have a coat of arms on it and looks similar to the sheriff's star badge that someone else found - button - bronze or brass piece.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 03:25:21 PM by Rob (tafflaff) » Logged
steven king

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2009, 09:14:42 PM »

More
My thanks to Niel, Geoff and Steve for providing all at the Detecting Wales Rally a brill day out and giving me the opportunity to find bronze items on top of my wish list. Also, giving me and others the opportunity to meet so many good and interesting people. Keep up the good work!

Cheers
Steven

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal