Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: DetectingWales.com - Rally Number Ten - Llantwit. The Bronze Age Rally!+Video!  (Read 24082 times)
StumbledUpon

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2009, 08:24:35 PM »

WoW Fantastic Grin amazing would love to find one. Well done to all the finders Grin Grin
Mark

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2009, 08:29:16 PM »

Sounds like everyone had a good time and some interesting things were found good stuff  Smiley Grin

Omnia explorate; meliora retinete (BTKG)
1morecoin
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2009, 08:32:03 PM »

Who needs to go over the water for decent finds? I have always said Wales may not have the quantity but we certainly have the quality of finds as the lads proved today.

Well done to everyone.
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2009, 08:40:22 PM »

WOW  HAMMIES ,,,,AXEHEADS ,,,COINS   SOUNDS LIKE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT DAY  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   WELL DONE TO EVERYONE THAT WENT ,,,  HOPING I WILL BE ABLE TO GET TO THE NEXT ONE   Grin Grin Grin Grin

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
benny

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2009, 08:41:18 PM »

Normans first rally!
proconsul
Proconsul

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2009, 08:58:53 PM »

Well done on getting the report on the site so quickly Neil. It sums up the day perfectly. The excavation of Steven's pair of axe heads and hunt for further examples was great fun for all of us that helped dig the giant 'ole. There's never been such a big hole on one of our rallies or one filled in so quickly, with Rob jumping up and down in the middle of it to tamp down the soil whilst we shovelled it in. He almost ended up getting planted...  Grin

I believe Rob is editing a video of the axe head dig from Melonhead's raw video. Watch out for that one on here and Youtube.

Just to add to your report, some interesting finds were also made at the alternative Llanmaes site including a number of hammered - a medieval penny and James I groat to name a couple. Perhaps the people who made finds at the Llanmaes site would like to upload pictures of their finds?

Thanks to Steve (1morecoin) for so kindly donating the land and Neil and Rob for helping out with the organisation. It was a brilliant day.

Geoff
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 09:05:00 PM by admin » Logged
bymatt666 (byron)
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E.member

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2009, 09:02:21 PM »

a big thanks to 1morecoin for organising the land and another thanks to admin for the rapid arrangements of the rally.....some fantastic finds came up...many congrats to steven on the axeheads...amazing to see, and hold, them...my day was marred by my machine packing in.... Angry...but a quick job with the soldering iron tomorrow should fix that... Wink...thanks to rob for the lend of his DFX..i found the badges with it..lol....and who shall we thank for the weather ? i was glad i put some sun block on before i left the house !  Roll Eyes...well done everyone !.....byron

i'd give up chocolate....but i'm no quitter !
minelab explorer xs
NCMD member
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2009, 09:26:41 PM »

Having a bit of difficulty uploading the video at the moment normal service will be resumed as soon as youtube stops winding me up  Angry

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2009, 10:09:39 PM »

Wow well done everyone !
 Grin
willow tree

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2009, 10:18:40 PM »

had a wicked day found the smallest hammered of the day especially when i compared it to tafflaffs i think the farmer was a bit jealous  he nearly run us over in his tractor .had a vicky joey  1910 sixpence ,1919 shilling,little silver babies rattle part ? charles 2nd fourpence as suggested by neil there is a picture of it any ideas ? also found a milled coin might be a florin wont know till i cleaned it up a bit and a musket ball .special thanks to crashland for the lift also neil for giving me a little bag to put my finds in going to put something on my sunburn now it was worth getting one , had some great finds and seen a lot of great finds too holding those axeheads was awesome ,great peole ,great finds , great weather,a perfect day  Smiley
crashland

Garrett Ace 250 user.

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2009, 10:53:58 PM »

Well done everybody on some really fantastic finds. Those axe heads are just superb! Well done Steve.
Biggest thanks of the day go to Neil for crediting me with all of willow tree's finds.
 I didn't have too many finds myself today, just a 1939 6d, a few pennies and buttons and a small buckle but what a day out! As willow tree said: Great people, great finds, great weather.
Thanks to 1morecoin......Top guy!

Crash out!
Beefy (GARETH)

WHERES DA BEEF

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2009, 06:40:11 AM »

HI ALL WELL DONE TO YOU ALL SOME VERY NICE FINDS THERE.........  I WAS GUTED I WASNT ABLE TO MAKE I WAS BIZZY............... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Malcolm.mtts

Every Day is a Lovely Day

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2009, 09:40:36 AM »

Good day out yet again with glorious weather and thanks to everyone yet again for a superb rally.

I only found a Lizzy 2 penny, some buttons and a small buckle besides the normal junk but my excitement came when I found what looked like a small axe head.. however after cleaning it up it turned out to be ferrous but who cares?

Who was sick as a pig?  Drayman from Llanelli.  In the second site he found a very small roman but somehow managed to miss his top pocket and it must have fallen on the ground. He went back later but could not find it again.... ah well.. the one that got away.

I know we have had a rally on the first site but it would probably be worth a second rally after he has ploughed the entire field.

Every Day is a Lovely Day
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2009, 10:41:03 AM »

Great report and a sound day out for all who attended. Well done all !!

I agree that the land deserves another rally after the farmer has turned it over.

Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2009, 12:51:38 PM »

Heres Part of the video from llantwit , this is the last part of the vid, having major problems uploading 6 gig of  video  Cheesy

"EDIT" Ok heres part 1, 2 and 3 of the Second Axe head

« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 10:05:19 PM by Rob (tafflaff) » Logged

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal