Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Now here`s a Thought !  (Read 1669 times)
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« on: September 14, 2009, 05:07:30 PM »

Springtime

Of the four seasons Spring is my favourite. I know most fields are under crop and this can be the quiet period for metal-detecting, but with a bit of luck you might find a bit of set-aside land to detect on and also with a bit of luck you may find something interesting. For me this is the most beautiful part of the year.

Imagine this - the sun is rising and there is still a slight mist on the field. The hedgerows are covered with Spring blossom, skylarks are singing, rabbits and hares are running round doing what rabbits and hares do, but the feeling of peace and contentment can't really be described and for a few hours, all the aches and pains are pushed to one side.

These are memorable days and, if that isn't enough, the time machine you are ambling along with could at any moment transport you back in-time to any part of our history. One signal from your machine could have you back in Roman Britain and you could imagine that you are the Roman who is searching the ground trying to find the coin or artifact he has lost on his way to buy a fish and chip supper for his family. He knows the wife isn't going to believe him, because she (he thinks) will be convinced that he has been in the local alehouse or gladiator betting shop.

Nothing really changes does it?
 Grin

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 05:10:53 PM »

STIGGY   YOU  GOTTA  STOP  SMOKING  THAT  JAMACAN OLD HOLBURN  MATE ,,,, IM  SERIOUSLY GETTING WORRIED NOW    Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal