Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Spoilers !  (Read 6827 times)
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2009, 07:25:50 PM »

Malcolm i'm not a do gooder , i just don' like the idea of shooting, however i accept i goes on , its just that i will have nothing to do with it, i have nothing against the people who do, if thats what they enjoy then its up to them.

I also agree what you say about coarse fishing, bullfighting and those poor bloody clay pidgeons, oh yeah and all them people called Will in the war films...lol

seriously if you enjoy your shooting , good for you , but you have to remember there people like myself who find it distateful, but like i said i wouldn't do anything to stop it , as for foxhunting,,, i just wouldn't vote.

people don't have to go to hunts or shoots, nobody is forced to do anything , just stay away.

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 05:52:22 PM »

Getting back to the original post by Stig:

Yes, I know what you mean. Even when people mean no harm and just ask "have you found anything"
sometimes you just can't shake them off....they keep talking and talking and talking. Half hour of valuable
detecting time can be wasted.

Having said that, it's our duty as responsible detectorists to be friendly and promote the hobby.

No problem when it's an extremely attractive female that want's to talk !!! Grin

Malcolm.mtts

Every Day is a Lovely Day

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2009, 06:31:11 PM »

Easy to stop them talking to you ...

Method 1 .... just move your fingers and hands around as if you are doing sign language and then just stare at them as if you are waiting for a reply....

Method 2. ... shrug your shoulders and say " nine spoke englander" ... and then stare at them as if you are waiting for a reply....

Method 3..... whispering say .. "I am with bomb disposal and I am looking for a booby trapped bomb that goes off if you stand on it or if it hears voices..... please retrace your steps very quietly for your own safety"... and stare at them with a hush finger over your mouth with a shaking sideways movement of your head and a go away waving of your hand. 

Salty (Karl) Cardiff Scan Club

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2009, 06:53:06 PM »

I was looking through my old junk the other day and found an L2A2  fragmentation Grenade, Deactivated of course (don't ask how a came to have this,it is legal though)
I was thinking of carrying it with me for the more annoying ones that come up to ask "Have you found anything?" just to see there face when i say "yes, look what do reckon this does" and remove the pull pin to let the striker fall Grin Grin

Malcolm, I'll have to keep an eye out for you mate, as I'm sure we must have met at some point whilst on the clays, Did you ever do Sunday League sporting?
Salty

Never Mistake my Kindness for Weakness
Malcolm.mtts

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2009, 01:35:11 AM »

Salty,
If you was a clay pigeon shooter in the early and mid 70's, especially sporting,  you would probably have met me . I also ran the Carmarthenshire Wildfowlers Clay Pigeon section in Pembrey where we built the second skeet layout in South Wales. Our open sporting events brought shooters from all over.

I shot for Wales at the International Sporting Event held in Scotland back in 1975 but soon after became a dad so my pennies was then spent on nappies and the International scene had to take a back seat and eventually SCUBA diving took first place for the next 20 years.

Still have my bang bangs though  LOL

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 08:19:59 AM »

Ahh, Sorry Malcolm, all that was a little before my time, i was only 9 years old in 1975, I shot for Wales at Bisley in the Small bore class from the age of 13 (i was an air cadet then) Eventually became a Civilian Instructor and range marshal, Got into full bore and shotguns, went on to to Field sports/vermin control, got into the clays quite heavily in the mid 90's but as yourself, had to wind it down when my eldest came along in 2000. I still go out but have forsaken my shooting nowdays for detecting. In fact I'm selling one of my rifles now to help fund my new hobby (a steyr scout .223 with a T8 moderator and a Schmitt and bender scope, if you know anyone interested, Mint condition).
Cheers
Salty

coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 08:35:35 AM »

Sorry Malcolm , i don't agree with shooting for sport ,anyway i don't know of anyone who eats foxes, all cruelty to animals should be banned, but then we never will agree will we, but did you see the mess left by "shooters" in the field at the last Caerleon rally , i counted at least 12 dead birds (i think magpies) scattered over the field, they didn't prvide food for nobody , just mindless killing, no point debating it.
ok mike but your just looking at the one side of things things got to be kept under control look at france and foxes they did not like killing them until the place was full of rabies and still is magpies rob and kill a lot of song birds nest and kill the chicks uk is full of TB to many bagers mate they carry it and give it to cattle when i work on a farm in pontypool for six years i seen many sheep go down to lamb and the crows peck there eyes out alive now come mate whats that all about theres been hunting for hundreds of years its a way of life and it will never stop and should not (just having my say on the matter)regards phil

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 09:14:59 AM »

I think it's important that we Can all have our own opinions, agree to disagree, remain forum friends and move on.
I apologise for hijacking this thread somewhat, lets all go and hunt something we all have in common, the lesser spotted Hammered Grin
Cheers
Salty

Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2009, 03:59:58 PM »

If there was only one side to an argument, wouldn't life be boring

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home