Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: minelab overseas servicing  (Read 1537 times)
zorro
« on: September 09, 2009, 04:57:34 PM »

don't know if any of you have heard the story of minelab sending their machines to the far east for servicing in future.
( am thinking of upgrading from my old sovereign)
well i contacted minelab, Joan Allen and crawfords today asking if these stories are true. both J A and crawfords have emailed back saying there is no truth in this and it is a mallicious rumour spread by non-minelab dealers. it's mearly a new manufacturing facillity being built there and all servicing will continue to be carried out in UK/Ireland.
strangely i havent heard directly back from minelab though  Huh
just thought some of you may want to know.
if i thought i'd have to send a machine to far east for servicing might put me off upgrading.
perhaps someone on here knows more ?
if this thread has come up in past and i've missed it my appologies.
let me know and i'll remove it.
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 06:42:05 PM »

I have not heard anything about them being sent far east for repair,personally i think it will probably turn out to be a rumour. I have dealt with minelab not so long ago,luckily my detector is still under warranty as it packed up on me so i rang them in Ireland & was asked to send it to them for repair,which i did,they returned it in around 10 days,out i went with it with excitement only to find it still did not work. My wife rang them this time & had a few kind words with the manager,he was so apologetic & asked for it to be returned again & they will send me a brand new one plus a new coil for the inconvenience caused,she explained that i needed the detector for an upcoming rally,they was kind enough to send it out a.s.a.p. i received it within 5 days. In my experience that i have had with them you will not go wrong with minelab.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 07:47:14 PM by Stig(Mick) » Logged

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
zorro
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 08:12:28 PM »

agree stig my xs2a was serviced by them in November last year. but theres a nasty rumour going round that they are pulling out of the uk/ireland market, apparently its been discussed on the minelab owners site, so ive been told. anyway according to joan allen and crawfords its not true. but minelab have still to get back to me to deny the rumour.
minelab are building a new facility in the far east to build the new detectors they have coming on the market so whether people have 2+2 together and made 5 i dont know.
thought it was strange minelab hadnt got back though.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal