Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: DetectingWales.com - Rally Number Eight - Llantwit Major. The Two Day Rally!  (Read 12650 times)
willow tree

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 08:48:46 PM »

hi all fantastic rally loads of fantastic finds came out weather was great ... i had a lovely hangover sunday what more could a man want cheers guys and gals ....p s neil it was me who found the florin and penny ring wait till you see the spoon i found in the first field will put photos on when all cleaned up cheers  Wink
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 09:26:59 PM »

Great report and pics Neil. I think the half hammered is broken rather than cut and looks like an Edward III Durham penny. The other Eddy hammered is an Edward II penny, Class 11a.
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 09:30:25 PM »

Hi Mike (crazy)

Im not going out now untill after the Weekend wanderers rally on Sept 20.

Me Des Ray and maybe Byron (vice chairman) are going to the beach or Down the vale, your very welcome to join us

all the best
phil
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 06:14:22 AM by PHIL YNYSBOETH (RARE) » Logged
hedgehog
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 10:14:28 PM »

Great report Neil, can't wait to see Sunday's report and finds.
borderfox.1495

I HAVE FOUND MY FIELD OF DREAMS IN WALES

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 08:34:01 AM »

hi,to everybody, top class as usual geoff and neil. well done to mark on his half sovereign, kev on his three hammy s, great try adi. with two hammy beepy with his lovely denarius, digga with his nice silver ring and first roman,  and all the other nice finds, i think the best finds where the people that turned up,  they where the stars, i didn t get much dect done, due to that problem of talking, sorry on your loss phil, but great hammy, i m sure you ll bounce back your a great guy, thanks to melonhead des phil dad in law  and beepy, for helping me i was on a deep target, and was naffed, melonhead helped me dig it out it was packed stone all the way down they spent half a hour with me, the vac beat me on the day but i still say my three million fossil won the day he has a slight lead of 24-8 on me Roll Eyes Roll Eyes, to the evening and hotel rob, chef in attendence  what a meal ,cooked by the mitchelon star rated gazza, fantastic, then the beer flowed, and jokes began , i have never seen so many cans drunk by so few,i wont name but kev adie two bros, gazza and phil the vac, ritchy, terry, and a few i cant remember oh neil he was drinking at 9-45am tut tut neil, what a great night , so much laughter, everybody a star, their was so many hangovers what a state i had to wake up to they where a picture, have i missed anybody oh yes rob taff laff, words cant express what a great guy he is, he is the find of the year as far as i am concerned, nothing to much trouble  regards john regards john
crashland

Garrett Ace 250 user.

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 10:11:37 AM »

Thanks to everybody who took the time to make this another great DW rally. It was lovely to meet some new people including Geoff, Neil, Taff, Digga and Millsy. (Thanks for the Garrett Millsy, I had great fun with it on Sunday).
Biggest thanks go to my mate willow tree for all his help and for keeping a smile on my tired face all weekend. Well done to him also for finding his beautiful commemorative spoon, one of the best finds of the rally in my opinion. (Jammy Git). Get those pics up Chris.
I won't be putting pics up of my finds which included half a tea-spoon, bullets and bullet cases. shotgun cartridges, a beautifully preserved lager can, bits of lead, tin, foil and machinery parts because all you people who only managed to find coins would just be jealous.
I did find a lovely fossil while I was crawling under a gate though, which was nice. Well done to everyone else on their finds and see you all at the next rally. I can't wait.

Crash out!
Jeffc

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 10:54:46 AM »

Thanks to all for making a great couple of days out and even the met office for getting yesterdays forecast competely wrong! Stacks of signals but unfortunately vast majority were lead,cartridges and tiny buttons. Did however get a nice late 17th C buckle and a couple of engraved buttons. Nice to see all the good finds - must still be a lot more there considering the size of the fields and the number of signals even after 2 days searching.
willow tree

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2009, 12:07:19 PM »

rob aka crashland no probs mate come out for a bit of beach or field detecting sometime with your new machine bit of competition now eh mate  Wink
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 03:01:09 PM »

I enjoyed the two day detectingwales.com rally, as for the Saturday as i did find a nice beehive thimble a first for me as well,that was a great start to the day then withing 3 to 4 minutes and about 12 feet away found the short cross hammy, later on in another field found the 2nd hammy (lizzy),decided to come back to where i found the thimble and the short cross and went and found the 3rd hammy(lizzy) i was really pleased think Saturday was my best ever detecting ,i know luck is a lot to do with it ,so it was a lucky day for me .stayed the night camping shared a tent with MELONHEAD(mark) & and my good detecting m8 DIG IT(ade) got to say MELONHEAD looked after ADE and i thanks for that MELONHEAD M8 ;)went to the BBQ  that was a great night everyone brought food and drink,and boy didn't we drink Wink and would like to say GAZZA well done for doing the BBQ  for all of us who attended , it was like rogues gallery that night BORDERFOX,COLEGGWENT,NEIL,ADMIN(Geoff) GAZZA,RITCHY & his better half Grin ,DIG IT,TAFF,CASA-DOS,VIKING,SAXON,TERRY,and the two new guys sorry cant remember your names,and anyone else iv left out.we had a great time jokes were great and so funny,GAZZA & COLEGGWENT............ great jokes guys Grin those who never camped out and did not go to the BBQ you really did miss a brill evening,cant wait for the next BBQ  Wink Grin..............PS thanks ADMIN,NEIL,TAFF for another well organized rally . Wink Grin
Kev
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 03:29:34 PM »

my coins cleaned up. and the thimble Wink............
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 03:32:51 PM by CASA-DOS (kev) » Logged
DIG IT! (ADIE)

X-TERRA 70 user explorer 11

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 03:52:39 PM »

Well done kev on your 3 hammies lovely short cross mate  !  I will have you next time mate Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy :DSeriously great time had by all .WELL DONE  Wink

Heavy metal nut that digs loads of iron
waltonbasinman
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 05:08:35 PM »

Was a great location Rob, Neil and Geoff and thanks for the day out. Here are a few pics that I took.
waltonbasinman
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 05:20:56 PM »

The CO and his General Staff contemplate manoeuvres.  Quite what the pole growing out of your head is though Geoff. anyone's guess.
Kev
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2009, 07:32:27 PM »

here are DIG IT'S finds from sunday,vicky sixpence,cut half, well done m8.we did keep each other going didn't we. Wink Grin
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 07:36:38 PM by CASA-DOS (kev) » Logged
jaydogg
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2009, 08:10:32 PM »

Has a great day out myself although I found nowt to shout about.  Thanks to the organisers and everyone who helped put this together.  Well done to those who made some nice finds. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal