Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: STAINLESS STEEL SPADE  (Read 3204 times)
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« on: September 06, 2009, 05:17:54 PM »

HI FOLKS  CAN ANYONE TELL ME  WHERE TO GET A GOOD STAINLESS STEEL SPADE  AS I HAVE  JUST GONE THROUGH  MY FOURTH SPADE  Angry Angry Shocked Shocked
LOOKING FOR  A LIGHTWEIGHT  BUT  TOUGH SPADE THAT WILL LAST LONGER THAN A FEW MONTHS  Cheesy Cheesy  ANY IDEAS   Huh Huh Huh   THANKS

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
Bob

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 06:46:43 PM »

Wilkinson's in Swansea have SS spades reduced to just over £3. They have ash handles, the SS is pretty good but rather large and heavy. Has turned-over flanges on top to stop you splitting your wellies. I bought one and cut it down to the size I wanted with an angle grinder. Check out Wilkinson's near you?

Once it was cut down it wasn't too bad and usually I drag it after me anyway, I don't usually carry it. Smiley
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 08:19:58 AM »

HI FOLKS  CAN ANYONE TELL ME  WHERE TO GET A GOOD STAINLESS STEEL SPADE  AS I HAVE  JUST GONE THROUGH  MY FOURTH SPADE  Angry Angry Shocked Shocked
LOOKING FOR  A LIGHTWEIGHT  BUT  TOUGH SPADE THAT WILL LAST LONGER THAN A FEW MONTHS  Cheesy Cheesy  ANY IDEAS   Huh Huh Huh   THANKS

DIGGA, have a look on ebay , they sell lightweight ferretting spades , see what you think , i'm getting one. they are not ss though , but worth a look , regards Mike
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 08:23:08 AM by crazyfach » Logged

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
hedgehog
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 08:26:12 AM »

I had an ex army trenching spade for years and that was fantastic, so long as you have the point on it they will move around the stones most of the time.
I use the draper mini roughneck spade now, I think they have a lifetime guarantee , so keep the receipt!
Worth trying anyway  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal