Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minelab Explorer II vs other minelab explorers (not e-trac)  (Read 8492 times)
hedgehog
« on: September 06, 2009, 10:45:48 AM »

Having spoken to John (Borderfox) at the rally (nice man) and listened to what he had to say regarding depth of the explorer II and the success that Phil (Collegwent) has with the minelab (he said you are the best detectorist in the country Phil), it has made me think that maybe it is time I took the plunge and bought a second-hand one as a second machine to my T2.

I don't doubt that using the minelab would give a little extra depth and maybe that will assist me in finding more groats which turn up rarely around here.
Neil told me (thanks Neil) if I throw £300 into the ring on another site , someone would be happy to sell me theirs.
Not knowing much about the big minelabs, 1) What are the pitfalls to look out for?
2) Is there much difference between the various models, which one to avoid?

All advice appreciated and will be read with interest, look forward to your views, thanks in advance!
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 11:50:27 AM »

HI THERE MOLE  I USED MY FIRST MINELAB YESTERDAY AT THE RALLY (borderfox lent me his till mine turned up  ) AND I HAVE TO ADMIT  THAT AFTER USING THE GARRETT ACE 250 ,,, WHICH IS A BLOODY GOOD MACHINE ,,,, THAT I WAS TOTALLY AMAZED AT THE DEPTH  THE MINELAB EXPLORER COULD REACH,,,,,,,,  I HAD A LITTLE BUTTON  AT WELL OVER 12 INCHES YESTERDAY Wink Wink   PHIL CLEGWENT ADVISED ME TO GET THE EXPLORE  XS  AND GAVE ME A CRASH  LESSON  ON HOW TO SET UP AND USE IT  (thanks phil  and foxy ) so i now have the explorer  xs ,,,,   THE BEST PERSON TO ASK WOULD BE EITHER BORDERFOX  OR PHIL  AS THEY HAVE USED THESE MACHINES  FOR MANY YEARS  AND KNOW THEM  INSIDE OUT    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy    Wink Wink Wink

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
hedgehog
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 10:29:11 PM »

Not Mole  Grin
Bump..
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 07:56:58 PM »

i steve ive been useing the xs for 6 years now and it,s a bloody good detector they are a bit heavy untill you get the swing of them compaired to the t2 and the fishers i hade the ex 11 and the quattro and the xs is the only one for me they are a deep detector and a bit deeper with the ddpro coil on to be frank with you how much stuff do we find at depth a few things most of the finds are with in 10ins anyway i dont have to tell you that me myself im so comfident that it is deeper than the t2 and the fishers hope this helps you steve its your money at the end of the day best off luck phil Smiley

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal