Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Welsh Metal Detecting Clubs  (Read 34835 times)
proconsul
Proconsul

« on: October 27, 2008, 12:51:31 AM »

Rhondda Artefacts & Research Enthusiasts
R.A.R.E

Rhondda Artefacts & Research Enthusiasts are a warm and friendly metal detecting club with close on 100 members (No limit on membership)
We have extensive club land In the Vale of Glamorgan,We hold local club rallies and offer subsidised bus trips to big Detecting rallies in England or as i like to call them ..Raiding party's lol
We are currently based at Trehafod & District Social Club, Rhondda opposite The Rhondda Heritage Park, South Wales.
We hold meetings every fortnight and welcome any new members to join our friendly and informal Club.
Why not come along one night for a chat and to see why R.A.R.E is the best detecting Club in Wales,
No obligation to join
(see Club Web site for meeting dates http://www.raremdclub.co.uk/ )

Wrexham Metal Detecting Club
limited to a membership of 60 and are subject to a waiting list. We meet at the Community Centre, in Frances Avenue, Wrexham and start at 7:30 pm. You are welcome to come as a guest and chat to our long standing and experienced members, so why not come and visit us.

Wrexham Heritage Society
This Society was formed in 2005 in Wrexham, Wales. Membership limited to 30.
We report all our finds that we consider over 300 years old to The Clwyd/Powis Archaeological Trust for scrutiny, after which they pass on the information to the Portable Antiquities Scheme.
We meet on the 1st Wednesday of the month at 7.30 pm in the  Acton Community Centre, . Wrexham.
Club Web Page.   www.wrexham-heritage.co.uk

Swansea Metal Detecting Club
Swansea and surrounding area is rich in history as is most of the countryside around the UK.
By joining a club, you will share in the vast knowledge within the membership, pick up tips and receive help in identifiying some of those odd bits of metal you regularly find.For further information on our Club, when and where we meet and how to join, contact the Club Secretary

Cardiff Scan Club
The club meets at 7.30pm every 2nd Wednesday of the month at the Cathays Liberal Club, Cathays Terrace, Cardiff - new members are welcome

Gwynedd Recovery and Search Society
We are centered in North West Wales but have members from as far away as Oswestry. Our main detecting areas are around Bangor and on the Isle of Anglesey but we like to travel to other areas when possible.

Pembrokeshire Prospectors Metal Detecting Club
The Pembrokeshire Prospectors Society now meets at The Cricket Club, Dale Road, Haverfordwest on the first Thursday of the month at 8pm

The Historical Search Society (Mold) (North Wales)
The original & best metal detecting club, which has been in existence since it's formation by 6 detecting enthusiasts in 1976 is based in the historical town of Mold, Flintshire, North Wales. U.K.
We currently have around 80 members, both men and women.
We meet on the second Friday in each month at St Mary's Church Hall, King Street, Mold. We try to arrange for speakers to give presentations whenever possible on appropriate subjects. A Find of the Month competition is held each month. Displays of members finds are also on show.
Meetings start at 7.30pm for 8 and usually finish around 9.45 to 10.00 pm.
Please feel free to visit us at any meeting without pressure or obligation, If you do visit please ask any member to be introduced to one of our committee members upon your arrival, you will be made most welcome. All our members are members of the National Council for Metal Detecting and are covered by Insurance for public liability for £5,000,000.
To attend our club outings you must be a member of the National Council and so hold the required insurance cover.
Our club Chair is George McKean. The Secretary is Anne Wilkes.

North Wales Detecting Club
Chairman- Mr Warren Hill. In the heart of north wales, meets at Rhianedd hotel, 23 marine rd. pensarn, abergele.conwy. ll22 7pr. Based on the coast of north wales in abergele. (www.rhianedd.co.uk).  Meetings will be held every 2ND Tuesday of the month and at one weekend of the month. Admission is £2 for non-members; £1 for members. Membership is £15.00 P.A. which includes membership to N.C.M.D Membership. With concessions and family discount available. Monthly competitions for find of the month with awards for the best coin & artifact and a trophy for the best of year.friendly atmosphere and a monthly club digs.  For further details phone: 01745-82400 and ask for Warren or email nwmdc@rhianedd.co.uk. Special discount rates for any member of a club with N.C.M.D or F.I.D membership cards that wish to stay in hotel.

Llanelli Metal Detecting Club
We are a new club in Llanelli, West Wales and we will meet every other Monday from 2nd Feb 04 at New Dock Stars RFC in Llanelli. Membership is free. Contact Secretary David Reynolds Tel: 01554 775035 or email DETECTORDAVE@TISCALI.CO.UK

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:52:15 AM by Chef Geoff » Logged
musicman18
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 04:10:15 PM »

Hi Admin,

I am a new member to the forum, very nice website and a good idea. 

We have changed our URL, please could you change our link to:

www.raremetaldetecingclub.co.uk/

Can we exchange links?

Many Thanks,

Stuart Street
Rhondda Artefacts & Research Enthusiasts - Website Moderator

proconsul
Proconsul

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 10:12:03 PM »

Hi Stuart,

Welcome to the site, I'm glad you like it. I've changed the link in the piece above. I'm all in favour of exchanging links. Apart from the links here we don't yet have a proper links page but I intend to create one in the next few days. So please link to us and in addition to the link above I'll return the favour in a proper links page.

Geoff
BottyBurp (Kris)

To "Search and Protect"

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 09:24:41 PM »

Does anyone know what club is the closest to the Severn Bridge or the Forest of Dean please?

PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE & SIGN THE GUESTBOOK.
H.M.D.C. Member
S.H.R.A.D.S Member
N.C.M.D. Member
www.freewebs.com/krisupfold
www.freewebs.com/hucclecotemetaldetectingclub
simon c

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 10:36:44 PM »

Does anyone know what club is the closest to the Severn Bridge or the Forest of Dean please?

Botty ,there is a Forest of Dean club,i've not had anything to do with them,but there web site details are
www.freewebs.com/forestmetaldetectors don't know if it's a good club or not, just remembered seeing their ad in Treasure hunting, hope this is of help.
scrotalbells
Rally attendee

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 12:33:39 AM »

Noticed an 0 missing from North Wales Detecting Club landline number. Have rang number [same as listed on their hotel website but " no longer recognised"], will try to pop down tomorrow and see if the club is still active. Ian.
proconsul
Proconsul

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 09:24:04 AM »

Thanks Ian.

Geoff
Alcohol
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 09:52:22 AM »

Hi

I see the link to the Gwynedd Recovery and Search Society website (www.grass.i12.com) is no longer valid.

Does anyone have new details, or has this society disbanded?

Allan
musicman19

R.A.R.E. & FID member

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 04:31:51 PM »

Hi there,

the club now has new premises and now holds meetings at Trehafod & District Social Club. Please can the venue be changed?

Many Thanks,

Stuart Street
Rhondda Artefacts & Research Enthusiasts
Website Moderator

If your looking to join a friendly active Detecting Club please have a look at our web page and get involved http://www.raremdclub.co.uk/
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 04:40:36 PM »

Thanks Stuart , I didnt know!

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
musicman19

R.A.R.E. & FID member

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 06:34:40 PM »

Hi All,

Just to inform you that we have now changed our website address to http://www.raremdclub.co.uk/

Please can the website address be changed on the Welsh Metal Detecting Clubs Forum page?

All the best,
Stuart

If your looking to join a friendly active Detecting Club please have a look at our web page and get involved http://www.raremdclub.co.uk/
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 06:39:18 PM »

Will do  immediately Stu

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Sexy Legs (Leighton)

Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett Ace 150

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 06:46:31 PM »

The new site is looking brill, Stuart. Well done, bud!

I especially like the FOM table where I'm one point ahead of OzzyHeadSteve!

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

musicman19

R.A.R.E. & FID member

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 07:17:00 PM »

Please can you also change our club description to as it still has Ferndale RFC on it:

Rhondda Artefacts & Research Enthusiasts are a warm and friendly metal detecting club and we are currently based at Trehafod & District Social Club, Rhondda Cynon Taff, South Wales. 

We hold meetings every fortnight (see club meetings) and welcome any new members to join our club.

Thanks

PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 11:12:38 PM »

No Sooner said than done Stuart ;0)

Ive added a few bits and bobs as well !

all the best
Phil

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal