Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Secondhand Detector Prices  (Read 1898 times)
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« on: August 19, 2009, 10:38:46 AM »

Just noticed there's a bargain Fisher Coinstrike for sale in Pontypool (cost £1000, for sale at £800).
Now the last time I saw new Coinstrikes being sold it was for £699 and you could get a discount if there was no trade in.

Whilst down in Cornwall I met a bloke sailing along the top of the beach with his bargain buy. A C-Scope 1220R only six months old that he had paid £400 for (list price then was £379). He'd paid £20 delivery charge as well !

I wonder how the sellers get away with it. There's been two C-Scope 4ZX's for sale on E-Bay recently. One sold as "nearly new", the other said "bought at Joan Allen's last year". I can't remember when these detectors were still being made. Must be years back.
I suppose near new might have been meant to mean in nearly new condition and the J.A. machine could have been a trade in they had sold on but its all pretty misleading.

Buyer beware and check the history of a machine, especially if you can still get it repaired.
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 10:59:30 AM »

Hi Brian

I had a Fisher coinstrike machine about 6 to 8 years ago?

Wasn't that impressed with it. There was a lot of messing about with
the threshold which operated back to front.

It was before the days of Flea Bay. I sold it via an advert in Treasure Hunting mag
and someone from South Wales bought it for about £550. I didn't lose much, but
how someone can sell it as a bargain for £800 godness only knows. As you say
was about £650 when new to the market!

I also had the Fisher 1230 but wouldn't say it was anything special.

Funny, I was reading about the Fisher 1232 X2 last night. It's been around a few years now but it was one they made to ignore the iron by giving a spitty sound when over it but able to pull out a coin. Have you ever used this machine. They cab ne picked up for a good price now as they're no longer made....a classic like the Minelab Tribune!!

DATA311(Alan)

THE BREAM MACHINE F.I.D.

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 04:36:44 PM »

It pays to check the market for bargains on both new and used before buying, common sense really..................................... Wink

Nil illegitimi Carborundum
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 11:37:11 AM »

Do you mean the 1236 X2 ?  Its a good buy at the new lower price but I wonder what the repair situation is.

The 1270 was a far deeper version but you needed to get the later production runs or the special edition where both depth and discrimination was improved. Then modify to add ground balance to the discrimination. It was claimed that the iron rejection system didn't work as well as for the X2 but it did, its just that the depth was now deeper than the I.D. could cope with.

The Coinstrike was a little odd in the threshold system but they soon brought out the I.D. Edge that was better at a lower price. I still know people who swear by them. Maxine (on the forum) had one but I don't think she liked it that much and then the takeover occured and repairs/coils etc got difficult. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal