Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the best detector  (Read 8851 times)
DIG IT! (ADIE)

X-TERRA 70 user explorer 11

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 06:30:24 PM »

Me  Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Roll Eyes

Heavy metal nut that digs loads of iron
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2009, 06:42:52 PM »

Please pray that Borderfox , Coleggwent and Altinkum do not read this post.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
altinkum

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2009, 07:09:32 PM »

to late...  i'll let the 2 old fool's answer first then i'll tell you all what's the best detector on the planet

explorers, my arse
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 07:12:43 PM »

BORDERFOX would say XS and COLLEGGWENT would say the EX11.................. Grin
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2009, 07:23:49 PM »

I THINK ITS LIKE SAYING  HOW  LONG IS A OIECE OF STRING  Huh Huh Huh   DIFFERENT PEOPLE  HAVE THEIR OWN IDEAS  ON WHOTS THE BEST ,,,  I   SUPPOSE ITS  JUST  GETTING TO KNOW  THE MACHINE YOU USE   AND  THE DIFFERET SOILS  AND CONDITIONS REALLY ,,,  SOME MACHINES  ARE BETTER  ON  CERTAIN CONDITIONS    Wink Wink

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
altinkum

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009, 07:31:12 PM »

joking aside i spoke to a lad on last weeks dig who's just bought a golden mask 3+ and he's very impressed with it i held it but found it a bit heavy but heard there's a hip mount coming out soon. so 1 to keep a eye on

explorers, my arse
StumbledUpon

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009, 08:00:08 PM »

Grin
borderfox.1495

I HAVE FOUND MY FIELD OF DREAMS IN WALES

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2009, 12:20:12 AM »

HARD LUCK ROB I SPOTTED THIS THREAD, WELL ITS NOT THE FFFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIISSSSS CAN T BEAR TO SAY THAT WORD ,  CAN T WAIT FOR PHILS REPLY, CANT WAIT FOR DECT WALES RALLY, MIKE  YOU WILL BE DIZZY WATCHING THE MINLABS GETTING TARGETS OUT, ONE OLD FOOL JOHN Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin Grin
altinkum

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2009, 02:08:02 PM »

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ  sorry john did you say something

explorers, my arse
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2009, 06:29:39 PM »

What we'll do ladies and gents is at the two day rally rather than me just photographing the finds and remembering the finders names, I'll also take a note of the machines they were found with. Full report will follow and at the end of it as we all have had equal opportunity to find the same stuff we'll see which machines come in with the results. I know luck plays a part but it will give us an idea. Anyone else like to add any other bits they want me to record?

The site looks very promising so I think I'll have a busy two days. Oh and by the way its my birthday on the Tuesday, so you can expect me to be hammered on the Saturday night. The Absinthe's are on me!

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2009, 06:37:11 PM »

Neil,if you stick close to me & my Minelab then mate it`ll save you alot of walking too & fro !  Grin

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
altinkum

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2009, 07:02:59 PM »

why dont you set up a test bed not as a comp but just for people to see how their's and other members machines compare

explorers, my arse
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2009, 07:10:10 PM »

Thats a good idea Mike - might be one for early evening around the campfire shenanigans! Its always a tad hectic for Geoff, Rob and I in the morning, but I like the idea. I can video it as well for this site.

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2009, 08:31:02 PM »

Personally I think the Minelab multi-frequency machines, in the hands of a competent user, are the best 'all round' machines currently available.

That's not to say they are the best...!!

I prefer single frequency machines for ease of use with a fast recovery speed. Again, these have draw backs.

Depth isn't everything which a lot of detectorists seem to think is. It's no good detecting deep if the machine won't pick up near or on iron.

As already said, it's all down to personal preference and knowing your machine.

I've used a lot of machines over the years and there's things I liked and didn't in all of them. The one I had the longest was the Whites XLT (about 7 years) but even that had it's faults.

That's the thing that makes the hobby what it is: Unpredictable, challenging, exciting, and frustrating. If a machine was that good we'd all buy it (even with a mortgage!) and there would be no finds left. Sad

Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2009, 09:33:29 PM »

What we'll do ladies and gents is at the two day rally rather than me just photographing the finds and remembering the finders names, I'll also take a note of the machines they were found with. Full report will follow and at the end of it as we all have had equal opportunity to find the same stuff we'll see which machines come in with the results. I know luck plays a part but it will give us an idea. Anyone else like to add any other bits they want me to record?

The site looks very promising so I think I'll have a busy two days. Oh and by the way its my birthday on the Tuesday, so you can expect me to be hammered on the Saturday night. The Absinthe's are on me!

Cheers
Neil

Guys as with the blackwood rally , It would be great if a load of us could bring digi cameras save Neil running around like a maniac.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal