Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two for the price of one  (Read 15717 times)
Sir Charles
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 03:01:21 PM »

i dont think this will work for 1 cardiff scan club have not had a rally in 4 month's for reason's only known to the commitee and secondly who are going to be the lucky 10 that get an invite. i do agree it's about time a large rally is held in wales it's just hase to be thought through properly because if the first rally is a duffer no one is going to bother with the second 1
There are never any certainties about any Rallies at all, it is just a matter of luck in many ways, especially if the farm or holding has been hammerd before.
I think you are right inasmuch as if it a duffer that will be the end of it.
Sir Charles
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 03:02:55 PM »

Well, i was thinking of a small affair, just different clubs getting invites to a small dig so we can put names to faces etc. If the entire forum is up for an all wales rally, then bring it on. I could possibly source some land, but again folks it's a lucky dip. Nothing is guaranteed in regards to everyone's favourite hammered coins etc. What you see is what you get. I will make some noise at my end with a few farmers and i would like to know some numbers.

Persuade me!!
Steve

You are persuaded Steve.
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 03:40:58 PM »

Hi Charles

The Rhondda Club held a very sucessful Token hunt recently the numbers attending wernt great due to the changable weather but a great day was had by all and some nice coins come up  to and this was on our Club site so been done to death for years.

When you attend club rallies expectations arnt that high anyway because Chances are its been detecting on before. But we still get up at an ungody hour on a sunday Morning Drive 20 30 miles just to find the odd modern penny or a few grots
We go because theres a chance of the big one not because its a sure thing,If we was after a sure thing we,d to get on ebay buy coins and stuff i bet it would be cheaper to
It would cost more then 20 quid to find 30 Roman coins im sure

Clubs could hold a raffle to win a chance to buy a entery ticket that would keep the numbers down

altinkum

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 04:05:35 PM »

there's load's of virgin land out there that maybe the farmer did'nt want detected by 3 scruffy oik's that knocked on his door 1 day but i bet he'd change his mind if someone was to offer him a few hundred for a day's rally. if there's going to be a forum-inter club rally why not limit it to about 150 people at a £10 a head that way you can make a farmer a offer he cant refuse for his virgin field's and have pleny over for whatever the organizer's want to do with it

explorers, my arse
Charles Cater
Moderators permissions

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 06:43:03 PM »

Hi Charles

The Rhondda Club held a very sucessful Token hunt recently the numbers attending wernt great due to the changable weather but a great day was had by all and some nice coins come up  to and this was on our Club site so been done to death for years.

When you attend club rallies expectations arnt that high anyway because Chances are its been detecting on before. But we still get up at an ungody hour on a sunday Morning Drive 20 30 miles just to find the odd modern penny or a few grots
We go because theres a chance of the big one not because its a sure thing,If we was after a sure thing we,d to get on ebay buy coins and stuff i bet it would be cheaper to
It would cost more then 20 quid to find 30 Roman coins im sure

Clubs could hold a raffle to win a chance to buy a entery ticket that would keep the numbers down

As long as  those that attend realise that some sites are duff then that is OK by me.
Thanks for the post Roll Eyes

Say nought and you won't be controversial, or so they say?

http://detectoruser.co.uk

http://members.boardhost.com/Tom1/

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal