Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Two for the price of one  (Read 15718 times)
Charles Cater
Moderators permissions

« on: October 30, 2008, 04:30:49 PM »

Recently a member of my society found not one but two hoards of Roman silver denarii.
He search once in the field and found nothing,

Not giving up he went back to the same field and found 102 Roman dearii under a stone, he went back to search for more and found another 20 again of the same denomination just a few meters away, they were a differnt hoard altogether and he did the correct thing and reported them to the right authorities.

I say that since the advent of the 1996 Treasure Act there have been been more reports of finds than ever before.

The archaeological fraternaty was desperately trying to down grade us and even attempted to ban us altogether until the goverment of the day with the help of organisations thrashed out some sort of control which I might add became favourable with metal detectorists in many ways.

There are still some that want complete freedom but there has to be some sort of organisation and control.
I am happy at the moment.
HH everyone.

Say nought and you won't be controversial, or so they say?

http://detectoruser.co.uk

http://members.boardhost.com/Tom1/
glynkid

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 09:18:21 PM »

I would like to add that the same person came on a club dig
and found a super Geoege the third guinea a few weeks ago
I would like to introduce myself as the PRO of the Wrexham Heritage Society
          many of you might read the society reports that I write im the Searcher Magazine HH   Dave

glyn kid
BottyBurp (Kris)

To "Search and Protect"

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 09:52:36 PM »

That's it, I'm dribbling with envy now!
After 10 years of detecting I've only managed to find a handful of Silver Roman  Wink

PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE & SIGN THE GUESTBOOK.
H.M.D.C. Member
S.H.R.A.D.S Member
N.C.M.D. Member
www.freewebs.com/krisupfold
www.freewebs.com/hucclecotemetaldetectingclub
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 09:23:30 AM »

Hi all

Whats the house prices like in wrexham? lol

Well done Wrexham club members i say !

Steve Morris
Moderators permissions

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 11:05:22 AM »

How about inter-club visits? Might make an interesting weekend in the summer. If site officers get together and organise trips to different parts of Wales? Maybe limit the numbers to 10 and Travel lodges are cheap enough nowadays.

Just a thought....

Steve
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 11:33:10 AM »

Hi Steve

Your definitely onto something here !

Maybe if your club say, finds a good site and invites another Welsh Club or Clubs (proferably not from the same area) to join you on a Club Rally/Token or Coin hunt and say charge £10.00 to £15.00 and sell raffle tickets tea,s and coffee,s, the money could be used for club funds or  to keep your farmers Sweet.
You could even tap up local business,s or Dectcting shops for prize,s with the understanding a Percentage of the takings will go to a good worthy Charity or a Local Organisation.

If an individual would like to take this on they would make a shed load of money.
You could gauge interest by selling tickets by making it a Ticket only  Rally then you,ll know what Figures your dealing with ! 

Im NOT volenteering  my services Btw lol but i would be greatful of an invite   Grin

Regards Phil Jones
(Rare)

Steve Morris
Moderators permissions

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 01:07:02 PM »

Hi Phil,
sounds good, but I was thinking more along the lines of 10 in number from one club getting an invite to another club on one of their sites. I would love to detect in or around Pembrokshire, plus if numbers were limited then the chances of getting rooms in a travelodge are better (and maybe get a deal from them) I wouldn't want to make loads of money, but we always donate our dig funds to our local charity. It would be nice to form a bond with other like minded clubs/societies in Wales. Not every club member has access to the internet, so its a good way of meeting new friends.

Lets see if there is interest?....

Steve
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 01:47:31 PM »

Hi Steve

Id be happy with one days detecting at another clubs rally and small Numbers your right would easier to handle.
It gauls me spending good Welsh money over the bridge when we got the Welsh Marches for instance on our door step.
We need a Detecing Counsel for Wales Maybe made up of Chair Persons from all the Welsh Clubs,FID and the other one (sorry cant think of the name)  and any interested partys to come together and get the clubs talking .
Its time for the Turf Wars to end lol
I think some clubs should rethink there one club only rule there holding themselves back
Id like to Join a few Welsh clubs and Detct at club rallys every weekend if it was possible.
and i think im not the only one !

Interesting to hear other Detectorists views

« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 01:53:35 PM by PHIL YNYSBOETH » Logged
KenKelowna

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 04:06:25 PM »

Hi Steve

Maybe if your club say, finds a good site and invites another Welsh Club or Clubs (proferably not from the same area) to join you on a Club Rally/Token or Coin hunt and say charge £10.00 to £15.00 and sell raffle tickets tea,s and coffee,s, the money could be used for club funds or  to keep your farmers Sweet.
You could even tap up local business,s or Dectcting shops for prize,s with the understanding a Percentage of the takings will go to a good worthy Charity or a Local Organisation.

If an individual would like to take this on they would make a shed load of money.
You could gauge interest by selling tickets by making it a Ticket only  Rally then you,ll know what Figures your dealing with ! 

Im NOT volenteering  my services Btw lol but i would be greatful of an invite   Grin

Regards Phil Jones
(Rare)

I would travel over 6,000 miles for that.

Tesoro Gold Star Dealer.

I not only sell Tesoro, I use them.
Sir Charles
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 07:34:50 PM »

Hi Steve

Regards Phil Jones
(Rare)

I would travel over 6,000 miles for that.
Don't commit yourself to that one mate. Would you bring the missus along too?
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 09:34:16 AM »

Steve is onto something here
Maybe in a few month/Years Detectingwales.com would put there name to an event.
Elect suitable members from the forum to help, get some Land and away we go.
I could be a charge of catering, foods my favorite subject lol
Make it ticket only so we know the numbers Simple!
altinkum

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 10:30:41 AM »

i dont think this will work for 1 cardiff scan club have not had a rally in 4 month's for reason's only known to the commitee and secondly who are going to be the lucky 10 that get an invite. i do agree it's about time a large rally is held in wales it's just hase to be thought through properly because if the first rally is a duffer no one is going to bother with the second 1

explorers, my arse
Steve Morris
Moderators permissions

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 12:10:20 PM »

Well, i was thinking of a small affair, just different clubs getting invites to a small dig so we can put names to faces etc. If the entire forum is up for an all wales rally, then bring it on. I could possibly source some land, but again folks it's a lucky dip. Nothing is guaranteed in regards to everyone's favourite hammered coins etc. What you see is what you get. I will make some noise at my end with a few farmers and i would like to know some numbers.

Persuade me!!
Steve
maxine
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 12:38:23 PM »

Be nice to have a Forum rally.  Smiley
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 01:56:20 PM »

When you Pay your money you take your Chance.
At the end of the day your paying to Detect on the land

I know im throwing the cat to the rottwieller here but have you ever thought when Gold and Silver are found at big rallies could they have been planted there ? its not the 1st time Detectorist have brough there old finds to rallies .
Theres nothing better to bring People back spending £50 a time each if theres a chance of the yellow stuff.

Most american Rallies advertise the fact good coins will be buried so lets keep it positive here.
Buy silver gold copper coins and tokens use the money from the pre paid tickets and then some will go home happy they found something if the field is devoid of finds and the people like me who cant find a pound coin in a pound coin factory will have to go home with the thought they had a chance.

As Steves said it dont have to be a big affair id pay money to detect somethere interesting meet new faces and have the chance to find something good.
It could be treated like a big club rally .
Dont forget my invite Steve ;0)

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal