Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: do you trust your decting partners  (Read 3029 times)
borderfox.1495

I HAVE FOUND MY FIELD OF DREAMS IN WALES

« on: December 22, 2008, 10:29:49 PM »

i enquired about a decter for sale in  yellow pages, we talked over the phone and got on well, he said that he hadn t dected for a few years because his dect partner had ripped him of, the agreement was anything found over £100 they would go half eachdect on their farm his mate found a gold guinea, his mate said i will check  his coin book and phone him that night no phone call at 10 pm he rung his mate his mate said he d checked his book and the coin was worth£100,  he then checked himselfa few weeks later the coin was worth £500, my mate never got his share he gave me his land when i meet him, but has been commited to other things my old patner, we agreed anything over £500 we d share, hoard etc, was i ever ripped off?HuhHuh?has anybody experienced anything like this i ve heard of coin swooping thats taken a coin youve found,  to straighting it for you, and returning a different coin  hammered usuallyanybody damaged your coins, yesbent them in your own home, i ve heard all this,my mate never dect with that man again any true story s of things that your dect mate has done to you. this is a very explosive topic, maybe but its been on my mind for a long time john pugh
hedgehog
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 12:16:17 AM »

That is a sad story John but any sharing agreements should be set in stone really ( a pre-nup). I have had some coins stolen by another detectorist (I felt sorry for him because he didn't have any land, and left him in the kitchen looking at my collection while I went to the loo) anyway when I came back he had packed them away for me and unfortunately I didn't notice for a few weeks that the best ones had gone! Also heard a story some years back where some detectorists found a small civil war hoard (Charles 1st) told the farmer, farmer said before you report it I just want to show my family, leave them with me. They went up to collect the coins, farmer said "what coins?"
I suppose it's all lessons to be learned, but hey , who needs friends like that, better off without them. I do have detecting mates that I trust and vice versa , so it all works out in the end.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 07:54:27 AM »

Thats a couple of interesting stories gents.

Hedgehogs one of having someone steal from your own house is bang out of order! What was the guy thinking?

I trust my two normal partners implicitly, and I am sure they feel the same way. We have a gentlemans agreement for a hoard and any major find - £1K plus - not that we have ever found any, but heres hoping!  Roll Eyes

As for the Fox's experiences - very interesting to say the least.

Surely friendships are worth more than a few quid.

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
hedgehog
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 08:32:19 AM »

I agree Neil, friendships are worth more than a few quid, the guy who stole the coins was a sad lonely case really, I was very annoyed at the time, didn't challenge him on it but he never asked to go detecting again! Life is full of different characters and we all have our problems and I am sure that he has his, I hope that he got the pleasure out of his stolen booty as much as i did in finding them!
On the other hand I have been detecting twice where a reasonable find has come up and it has been split with the person that i have been detecting with, not a great deal of money but incidental to the finds really and enjoyment we had in making the finds and of course the story to be told!
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 10:23:11 AM »

well this is very  a interesting Topic
 a few years ago a so called mate at the time said to have a share of anything found you have to be there at the time.  if your not out there together then you dont get a share, he used to remind us of this from time to time,
 anyhow  a week or two later he didn't come out, me and our other mate went out though, we both found a bronze age hoard each,    ohhhhh   and was he hinting at his share in no uncertain terms,

they wasn't sold anyhow, but shared with the farmer after the museum had finnished with them,
 but this was the begining of the end for us,  he bore grudges and wouldn't forget it,  or let it go, HuhHuh

i'd take the same one to one of my farms  now and then,  if i started finding anything nice , he'd stop me and say he wanted to go to another part that looks good,
 i'd find out later that he'd go back to these places a day or so later, and sometimes take his brother and give it a hammering,

He even went to my best farm behind my back and told the farmer that it would be ok with me for him to go there,  the farmer soon put a stop to them , the both of them,
 things had come to a head before this,  and i'd gone my own way after kicking them into touch, i'd had enough after quite a few years of it. and they were getting worse,

Another so called mate called in this year,  a day or two later  when i went to take some pix of my petrol can tops for my website which i had out the back getting them together  ready i found some had gone, Huh??
i heard him say to the farmer a few weeks later something about his petrol can tops, Huh
And thats not to mention all the things he's borrowed of me over the years which iv'e never seen again, and what he's been doing against me again his year to try and rob me of something,.

Mates,  HuhHuhHuh  two faced Greedy buggers some of them are, using people for their own ends,  at the end of the day and they don't care who thery trample on to get what they want,
 Iv'e let a hell of a lot pass too  for the sake of freindships,  but wonder sometimes is it worth it when it only works one way it seems, or only one side is interested in true friendship,
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 09:03:53 PM by Jolly Ole Santa Clause » Logged

BottyBurp (Kris)

To "Search and Protect"

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 06:43:57 PM »

I have to trust mine as she's my wife & if I didn't trust her then I guess I'd be pretty hungry by now!  Grin

PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE & SIGN THE GUESTBOOK.
H.M.D.C. Member
S.H.R.A.D.S Member
N.C.M.D. Member
www.freewebs.com/krisupfold
www.freewebs.com/hucclecotemetaldetectingclub
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 06:46:25 PM »

hey, a husband and wife team  that sounds good to me Botty

Jeb

from the N Wales Mountains

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 09:07:47 PM »

Jeeeeesus I couldn`t think of anything worse than inviting my Mrs along with me tectin.
 I lurrrve my freedom . I lurrrrve my space.
 Why on earth would i want to spoil that  Grin Grin Grin Grin Its bad enough having to return to the woman let alone take her with me! Shocked
I do luv her really but come on gimme a break! Take her detecting with me NO WAY, hell will Freeze over first !

Heaven won`t take me, and Hells afraid I`ll take over.
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 08:58:06 AM »

oh i know what you mean there Jeb too, ya just got to have your space,  i need mine too to get away from everyone and everything,
but its nice for a couple to have a mutual interest or hobby too,  something to do together, but perhaps not everytime out hey,   but then some people needs someone out with them who they can relate to..

Al.

KANE (DES)

RARE,FID

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 03:08:16 PM »

THATS the safest way Botty keep it in the family with some one you trust DES

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal